• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fish431
    • Jul 2013
    • Griffith

Set up for trip to Darwin

Hi to all on this forum,

First off I would like to thank each and everyone who has been on this forum and to all who keep this forum going.

Over the last few months I have been getting our 2002 NM Exceed pajero ready for a trip to Darwin via Ayres rock, up to Coburg, down through Qld than back to home (Griffith NSW ) taking a month and a week.

I have fitted a roof top tent, fitted Rhino racks, fabricated a rack to carry the tent, side awing, spare tyre, 2 x jerries and an 80 watt solar panel.

I have fabed up a rear cargo unit to carry Waeco fridge (CF50), Drifta car back kitchen, a fold up table and a couple of draws to carry supplies. I made the draws fit so I can leave the second row seats in position, but this trip I am removing the second row seats as it is only me and the wife on this trip.

I have a second battery under the hood,(100 Ah), removed the 2nd row seat as the only other person coming with me is my wife, and utilised that area to carry a 3rd battery being a 190 Ah battery to run a second fridge being a CF35. ( A must have beer fridge lol) can never have enough battery power.

Charging all these besides the solar panel, I have a Redarc dc to dc charger.

I have fitted an ebay snorkel, not too much of an issue just have to be careful and measure twice, cut once.

Up graded the suspension with a 50 mm lift, I used Pedders track rider as I know the local dealer. So far I haven't had any issues but this trip will see how it goes. Ordered Bushskinzs intercooler and sump guard as well.

Last of all I would like to thank everyone for there input and advice.

Cheers,
    Paul and Roz.

Photos when I can workout what I am doing sorry.
  • Aussie_Dan
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Cairns

Sounds like you've setup your Paj very well.
    Enjoy your trip through NT. So much good stuff to see.
    On your way out of the rock, go via Kings Canyon and take the Mereenie Loop road to Hermannsburg and spend a night at Palm Valley.
    I hope that Mataranka and Litchfield are also on your list, these places are not to be missed!
    Cheers, Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• Rich0
      • Dec 2011
      • Sydney, South

Sounds like a great setup for what will be a great trip!!

Looking forward to seeing some photos, particularly what you've done to the roof racks and rear storage, I'm building mine at the moment
      2002 NM GLS 3.2 DiD Manual
      My build thread on the to do list

Comment

• Gus
        Administrator
        • Mar 2008
        • Traralgon. Vic

Welcome to the forum Paul & Roz will look forward to seeing some pics of your NM Exceed & mods.. Make sure you post up some pics of your travels & most of all have a ball..

Gus.
        VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
        NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• fish431
          • Jul 2013
          • Griffith

Pajero build

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic_0221_030.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	968705

Pajero after the suspension upgrade, tent fitted, jerry can either side and solar panel.

Name:	Pic_0224_031.jpg
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	968706

Rear cargo on the work bench

Name:	Pic_0311_033.jpg
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	968707

Rear cargo with ply draws, drifta car back kitchen, waeco fridge and fold up table.

Name:	Pic_0312_036.jpg
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	968708

fitted into the car, since that photo I have added a 40 x 40 aluminium angle around the top and fitted 2 x tie downs to secure a couple of plastic containers as I don't have a cargo cage fitted.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X