Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 25-02-10
BushSkinz 4x4

Default BushSkinz Side Steps

Hi guys been pretty busy lately hence why I haven't been on the forum as much. Thought I would post a couple of pics up here, we have now finished the Side Steps for the SWB Paj. At this stage we will be making them to order as there is a fair bit of work involved and each step will be test fitted prior to paint and delivery. I have the the steps currently fitted to my SWB and they have come up very nicely, each step is only 13kg (standard SWB step is 9.2kg). The step sits at about the same height as the OEM side step so no clearance is lost, just bucket loads of extra protection. Also you will notice that they do not stick out wider then the vehicle which not only looks like an abnormal growth it also tends to get caught up on the side of shallow steep ruts. These steps will be black powder coated with aluminum checker plate.

Over the next couple of days I will post images of all of our stuff in our section on the forum so keep an eye out for it. If you have any questions or would like a price feel free to send me an email at kieron@bushskinz4x4.com.au

Anyway hope you like what you see and I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Also for all you LWB owners, adapting the design looks like a more straight forward process (well compared to designing from the ground up) so steps for the LWB won't be too far away either.

Cheers,
Kieron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25022010007 [].jpg (104.7 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg 25022010008 [].jpg (167.0 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg 25022010006 [].jpg (169.2 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg 25022010005 [].jpg (186.6 KB, 161 views)

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]

Last edited by Pearcie; 25-02-10 at 06:58 PM.
Old 25-02-10
Valued Member

Looks great Kieron. Another winner.

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water
Old 25-02-10
Valued Member

Hi Kieron,

Good stuff

How do they attach? I assume via the stock points but do they use all of the bolt holes or just some? Any pics?

Final question - any chance of having the checker plate sand/bead blasted? I'm not a fan of shiny things and they're going to scratch up and go dull anyway.
Old 25-02-10
BushSkinz 4x4

Thanks mate, its taken a while with chrissy and everything getting in the way, but I must say I am glad to have them done. Also helps now that I have a decent pipe bender to work with as I am pretty fussy about having each step the same length, to the point where I'll turf it and start again. When talking to some local fabrication places they said that it is pretty difficult to get the bends at the same position. Anyway it will definitely make throwing the second spare, fuel, chairs and table on the roof a bit easier for the cape trip. I decided to put off the aux tank until the canning trip. but I will need fuel on the roof with the aux tank for the canning trip anyway.

Other thing I noticed is that I don't slide in and out of the car as much either so hopefully will mean the edge of the seat will last a little longer, being that I am not a big bloke by any means sliding is the appropriate term.

Cheers,
Kieron

Old 25-02-10
BushSkinz 4x4

Apsilon, some places sand blast prior to powder coating so I can have them sand blast the checker plate if you like. The mounts use 6 bolts either side from memory the standard steps have 7 each side, so not much difference. Tomorrow I'll post some pics up on our website and in our section of the forum of the mounting setup. Mitsu like to make it complicated by having no mounts in the same position on each side and also half of the bolt holes are in different locations although it quite easily could have been designed to be a straight forward standard bolt pattern for each mount.

Cheers,
Kieron

Old 25-02-10

Kieron,

They look great, just what I was after! Can't wait until you do some work to fitting them to the LWB, not sure how I'll go driving up your way to get hem fitted tho, will have to wait until they're perfected. Keep up the great work!

Stuart.
2008 NS DiD Exceed, 17" ROH RTX & BFG A/T's, MMA Nudge, MMA Tow Bar, Lovells/Bilsteins 2" Lift, Tint, ARB Under Bonnet Compressor, Bushskinz Plates(int/sump) and Rock Sliders, Airtech Snorkel, Trektek Rear Storage and Cargo Barrier (removable), GoPoint OBDII (bluetooth to iPhone), Ironman Awning, ARB dual battery tray, intervolt PSR, Techniice 45L Car Fridge and the biggest wish list EVER...
Old 25-02-10
BushSkinz 4x4

Hi Slandells, not a worry mate, with the LWB I will be getting it spot on and taking the prototype to our draftsman so they can make sure everything is right. Will then have the fabricators we use do the work, as they are very good at getting things right, some of the smaller places don't have the tools to make things the same every time they do them, meaning they are best test fitted prior to delivery. There will be alot more LWB people out there wanting steps then the SWB especially since you can't buy the SWB anymore. So unless there is a large demand on the SWB I will keep it in house.

They are a straight forward bolt up install so you should be able to install it yourself, however if you would like to head up here I am always happy to have a yarn, would be a long trip though. Will keep you posted on the LWB steps

Cheers,
Kieron

Old 25-02-10

Looks great. Very keen to see the LWB version as well.

Steve
Cool Silver 25th Anniversary Edition Diesel Auto, ARB Bullbar, GME TX3440 UHF, Sandgrabbers, Raw 4x4 Suspension + Firestone Airbags, Airtec Snorkel, TJM IBS Dual Battery System, BushSkinz Intercooler/Sump/Transmission/Transfer Bash Plates & Side Steps, LRA 58lts Aux Tank, 17" ROH RTX with Bridgestone D697LT's + Australian Off Road Campers Quantum! Read about our Adventures HERE!
Old 25-02-10
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearcie View Post
Will keep you posted on the LWB steps
Please let me know as well..

www.twigwater.com - My fly fishing blog.

http://www.dsaphoto.com
Old 25-02-10

Any chance you'll be doing some that'll fit on a gen 3 (NP) GLS LWB? If not, any idea where I can get something similar in Perth? They're exactly what I'm looking for since I broke my factory ones at the weekend!