Below Nav Bar

Collapse

ARB Deluxe Bar - Spacer kit for hawse fairlead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

ARB Deluxe Bar - Spacer kit for hawse fairlead?

Anybody here specifically have an ARB Deluxe front bar and installed a winch with hawse fairlead for synthetic rope? Rather than rollers and steel rope I mean.

If so, did you use the ARB spacer kit (Part no. 3500600) and a regular hawse fairlead, or did you just use an offset fairlead and are satisfied with the extent of protrusion from the mounting points?

(Ignore the Jeep reference in the second screenshot, it’s bar specific not vehicle specific)

The spacer kit is $109 from ARB retailer in Sydney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • HomerJ
    • Jul 2009
    • Warrnambool, Vic

I just used an offset one. I had to cut a bit off each end for it to fit in the recess, otherwise it's fine

Comment

• geopaj
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Adelaide

I used an offset one too however mine fitted without modification.
      Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
        Valued Member
        • May 2017
        • Sydney

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
        I used an offset one too however mine fitted without modification.
        Thanks guys,

So you are satisfied that it’s unnecessary to have the fairlead sitting an extra 25-30mm (I’m guessing here) proud of the bullbar? I noticed on the Deluxe Bar that both sides are totally recessed so any sideward winch pull would potentially see rope rubbing on the side.

Comment

• geopaj
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
          Thanks guys,

So you are satisfied that it’s unnecessary to have the fairlead sitting an extra 25-30mm (I’m guessing here) proud of the bullbar? I noticed on the Deluxe Bar that both sides are totally recessed so any sideward winch pull would potentially see rope rubbing on the side.

Absolutely! I’ve had the winch installed like this for approximately 4 years and used the winch on multiple occasions without issues.
          Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
            Valued Member
            • May 2017
            • Sydney

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
            Absolutely! I’ve had the winch installed like this for approximately 4 years and used the winch on multiple occasions without issues.
            Awesome thanks mate, that’s the confidence I like to hear!!

Comment

• Hatto
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2013
              • Mandurah WA

I have the same bar and an offset fairlead with no spacer. No issues. For the rope to rub on the bar recess you would have to be winching on a serious angle! In fact if it was to rub then you'd be looking for an alternative anchor point well before seeing that sort of angle on the rope.
              Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
              ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                • May 2009
                • Perth

To go against the grain, I have the arb spacer kit. Having the winch installed, I just wanted it completed. I could have got an offset hawse from ebay, but that would have taken a week. or I could just go into the local arb and pick up the kit, which is what I did. An offset hawse from ebay would have been far cheaper and probably the way I would go next time.
                MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X