• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crumpledoor
    • Apr 2016
    • Gold Coast

Universal Remote Central Locking

I'm trying to install remote central locking into my 2001 PA Challenger. It has the standard key central locking but I bought the universal remote locking kit off the eBay so I don't have to use the bloody key in the door. As per usual the "chinglish" instructions are unhelpful.

It's driving me crazy as I cannot work out the wiring. I can get it to either lock or unlock but not both. So I am obviously not wiring it up correctly. Hopefully someone can tell me which wires go where.

The plug on the unit in the car has 6 wires:
    Black/Red
    Blue/Black
    Black/Red

Blue
    Blue/Black
    Blue/Red

The wiring on the universal locking kit I bought is:
    Orange = Foot brake
    Yellow = Accessories
    Blue = Door switch negative (activates interior light)
    White = Indicators (Blinkers)
    Green = High Coil Relay
    Brown = Horn/Siren
    Red = Positive power (constant)
    Black = Earth
    White = Unlock
    Brown = Lock

I cannot work out which wires the white unlock & the brown lock attach to on the unit in the car. I have attached a test light to the wires and determined that the blue/black is lock & the blue/red is unlock but when I attached the corresponding white & brown wires from the universal unit it will not function. Then I attach the white to the red/black and connect the brown to the blue/black and it will unlock but not lock.

Anyone wired one of these up before? Not matter what I try I can only get it to lock or unlock but not both. PLEASE HELP!
    Attached Files
  • baldyjoe327
    • Jun 2007
    • the oaks nsw

It may not be the wiring I had the Same problem and it was the travel on the actuator in the door it is to short in the travel and can't do the job.
    Mine is a nm paj I ended up buying a remote on eBay for the factory unit in the car and I came with easy instructions on how to program it and works great.not sure if your car has a factory unit but it should.
    Nm exceed twin tanks,genie extractors,sports exhaust,
    Ko2 all terrain, uhf radio, twin battery,arb bullbar,light bar.

More to come soon

Comment

• crumpledoor
      • Apr 2016
      • Gold Coast

All I bought was the central locking box, no actuators as the car has them already but operated by the key, not remote.

The actuators work but I can only get them to operate one way and not the other. I am thinking I need to bridge wires or slice one wire out of the universal unit and into two wires in the stock unit.

I dunno, I hate electrics, they give me the sh*ts! Everything else I can do but electrics are just not my forte

Comment

• baldyjoe327
        • Jun 2007
        • the oaks nsw

What model paj do you have
        Nm exceed twin tanks,genie extractors,sports exhaust,
        Ko2 all terrain, uhf radio, twin battery,arb bullbar,light bar.

More to come soon

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X