X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tinman
    • Nov 2009

NS Shorty Tow bar

Hi Guys, hoping one of you knowledgeable Folk may be able to answer a seemingly difficult question. According to multiple Mitsubishi dealerships, there is no Towbar available for the Short wheel base NS - NT anymore.

Firstly does anyone have a SWB that has a genuine Tow bar ? - Has it part number per chance ?

Secondly i think i may need to look elsewhere to a HR - anyone got any suggestions on good suppliers of HR tow bars or the model id need ?

Sorry for the lame question, Search seems to not find anything under SWB - even though i can see a heap of posts with those letters in them.

Regards

Tinny.
  • tinman
    • Nov 2009

Cheers yeah searched via google called a bunch of them and all say they have them for the LWB not the shorty and their not compatible. Spoke to Online car parts and a bunch of other guys off that similar google search.

However im still confused - Mitsu states they are two different bars for the long and short paj's however i see alot of people advertising the same bar for both Short and Long *Confused*

Ill give Red Rock a call tomorrow as well - Anyone have any experience with them ?

Cheers in advance

Tinny

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

Hey bud

Just had a look at mine which is a genuine MM tow bar for NS swb. Part number MR935793 stamp on plate of bar.
      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• JoshF
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Brisbane

not 100% sure but I am sure I read it if you want the LRA aux tank you need the Mitsi one but that should be confirmed
        NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
        Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• tinman
          • Nov 2009

Cheers mate, funny you do a search for that part number on Google and you come up with 1 result.. Our post LOL guess ill be going aftermarket

Regards

Tinny

Comment

• Piet Potjie
            • May 2016
            • Pretoria SA

Just check how many securing bolts the OE bar has and compare with after market items. There is an issue particularly with towing heavier rigs and tow bars with less mounting bolts resulting in chassis damage.

Comment

• dwright74
              • May 2008
              • Mulgrave, Victoria

I always thought the issue was with the wiring harness, not so much the fit. I know you had to have a MMA bar if you want a LRA sup tank.
              07 NS 3.2 X SWB with towbar, 17' Steel rims, Bilstein Shocks and Lovell Springs, Gun Metal Grey, ARB front and rear lockers, reduction gears, ARB colour coded deluxe bullbar, custom rear storage.

Comment

• tinman
                • Nov 2009

Hmm This is proving to be quite a challenge .... Just got word back from Hayman Reece .

"We have confirmed that the RW2366 tow bar is compatible with the SWB and LWB Pajero but only the 4 door Models"

Umm there is no 4 door SWB pajero......

Looks like Red Rock is the last company i can try and after that if no luck - its official the NS - NT SWB Pajero no longer has the option of a towbar.... unless 2nd hand genuine from a wrecked Shorty - which i reckon is going to be impossible to find....

Wow this is really starting to suck.

Anyone got any other ideas.

Regards

Tin

Comment

• old Jack
                  Regular
                  • Jun 2011
                  • Adelaide, South Australia.

Try this;

OJ.
                  2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                  MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• flyboy
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2017
                    • SA

Perfect

Comment

• tinman
                      • Nov 2009

Oh Dude !

Calling them first thing tomorrow.

Cheers for the help btw fellas, muchly appreciated.

Comment

• craka
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2009
                        • Newcastle (Newie)

I have a towbar on my short, had one one when I purchased 2nd hand.
                        I'll try to remember to look this afternoon or tomorrow morning, because to be honest I can't remember if its a Hayman Reese one or Mitsubishi tow bar.
                        NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• tinman
                          • Nov 2009

Cheers mate

Comment

• JoshF
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2008
                            • Brisbane

Originally posted by tinman View Post

Anyone got any other ideas.

Regards

Tin
                            Shorty models still exist in NZ and other locations, assuming they remain the same you might source one OS
                            NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
                            Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X