• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DJM
    • Mar 2011
    • Brisbane

Vibration in NM Pajero at 2000-2500 rpm

Hey guys my 2001 NM pajero has a vibration at 2000-2500 rpm.
    It is in every gear and in neutral. Cross member bushes seem ok, but I cannot get cross member off car after undoing the 4 main bolts. Can someone help please.
    Last edited by DJM; 21-11-16, 08:15 PM.
  • MilesTheNP
    • Jul 2016
    • Sydney

Bash Plates?

Hi DJM,

Does your Paj have any Plates on it? I fitted a full set of Bush Skinz and now the Gearbox plate picks up a rattle in a similar rev range.

Hopefully nothing serious on yours if thats not the fix,
    "Miles" 2005 NP Pajero 3.8 Manual - Zenetti Wheels - Pacemaker Extractors - BFGoodrich KO2's (265x65x17) - ARB Deluxe Winch Bar - Warn Magnum 10K Winch with Mean Mother Dyneema Rope - Illuminator 9" Spotties - Bilstein & Dobinsons 2.5" Lift - Full Bush Skinz Plates - Double Din Conversion with Alpine IVE-W560 - GME TX3350 - Rhino Pioneer Tray - Rear and Side Awnings - Custom 2.5" Catback Exhaust - Titan Drawers with Custom Wings - Storage Platform behind Front Row Seating (2 Seater)

Comment

• mrbitchi
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Brisbane

Originally posted by DJM View Post
      but I cannot get cross member off car after undoing the 4 main bolts. Can someone help please.
      You need to undo the bolts that hold the gearbox mount to the crossmember as well.
      Cheers, John.
      LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
      Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• General Disturbance
        • Jan 2016
        • SA

howdy DJM,

Had the same problem, removed the huge heavy counter weight bolted to the back of the gearbox, solved 96 % of the problem, apparently replacing the transmission mount rubbers, which perish over time, fixes the other 4 %.

Having said that, how old / discoloured is your trans fluid, if its dirty, this too can cause problems,

but because of the specific rev range you`ve mentioned. I`ll wager its the heavy counterweight mentioned above, plus its a no cost fix, just unbolt and try it.

cheers

Comment

• DJM
          • Mar 2011
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by MilesTheNP View Post
          Hi DJM,

Does your Paj have any Plates on it? I fitted a full set of Bush Skinz and now the Gearbox plate picks up a rattle in a similar rev range.

Hopefully nothing serious on yours if thats not the fix,
          No. plates added. She is stock.

Comment

• DJM
            • Mar 2011
            • Brisbane

No plates, she is stock. 160k on the clock.

Comment

• DJM
              • Mar 2011
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
              You need to undo the bolts that hold the gearbox mount to the crossmember as well.
              Do you need a tube spanner for 2, I got 2 out.

Comment

• DJM
                • Mar 2011
                • Brisbane

Originally posted by General Disturbance View Post
                howdy DJM,

Had the same problem, removed the huge heavy counter weight bolted to the back of the gearbox, solved 96 % of the problem, apparently replacing the transmission mount rubbers, which perish over time, fixes the other 4 %.

Having said that, how old / discoloured is your trans fluid, if its dirty, this too can cause problems,

but because of the specific rev range you`ve mentioned. I`ll wager its the heavy counterweight mentioned above, plus its a no cost fix, just unbolt and try it.

cheers
                Can you send pictures of area please. I'm an Electrician not motor neck. Thanks

Comment

• General Disturbance
                  • Jan 2016
                  • SA

Counterweight.

Sure, Here ya go...... That`s the heavy bugger your looking for, towards end of gearbox.

Sorry this should help you locate it better than photos of my rig, where it used to be.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by General Disturbance; 30-11-16, 01:13 PM. Reason: more info.

Comment

• DJM
                    • Mar 2011
                    • Brisbane

howdy DJM,

cheers
                    Hi mate I removed the big weight and it has gotten better. I have new rear gearbox mount ordered. Thanks for your help.

Comment

• DJM
                      • Mar 2011
                      • Brisbane

Sure, Here ya go...... That`s the heavy bugger your looking for, towards end of gearbox.

Sorry this should help you locate it better than photos of my rig, where it used to be.
                      Done. Got it out good now...

Comment

• General Disturbance
                        • Jan 2016
                        • SA

Hi mate I removed the big weight and it has gotten better. I have new rear gearbox mount ordered. Thanks for your help.

My pleasure

Comment

• chrisall
                          • Sep 2016
                          • WA

howdy DJM,

cheers
                          Hi,

What's the purpose of the counterweight and any negatives to permanent removal?

Cheers,
                          2003 NP 3.5. Davies Craig tranny cooler, Dual battery, LED front fogs, Safari 'style' snorkel, LED reverse / work light, reverse cam, BushSkinz, LED interior lights, Joying android head unit, side steps, LED spotties, 17" steelies, bunny bar.

Comment

• DJM
                            • Mar 2011
                            • Brisbane

Hey guys I have remove the counter weight off the gearbox, fitted new gearbox mount and bushes. 2300 small vibration still there, this is really starting to piss me off.

Comment

• RUGGA
                              Valued Member
                              • Nov 2014
                              • Adelaide

Have you checked the engine mounts?
                              02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X