X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmathews
    • Oct 2019
    • Box Hill North

I'd like the link please, it looks like mine was wired straight in and I haven't found a diode on my set up (yet).

I'm going bachelor to tune installer next week

PeterM

Comment

• Jasonmc73
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2019
      • Brisbane

Originally posted by pmathews View Post
      I'd like the link please, it looks like mine was wired straight in and I haven't found a diode on my set up (yet).

I'm going bachelor to tune installer next week

PeterM
      Just dont get them to hot when soldered stuffs them apparently,
      Brake light wire, car side of where the tow pro red wire meets trailer, red wire on Tow pro what you are trying to achieve is vehicle not seeing power when you press the over ride button, plays havoc, as you probably know diode only allows power one way, you can cut wire each end shorter, solder & then glue lined heat shrink from jaycar & bobs your uncle!
      Your vehicle brake lights will not illuminate when you use the over ride button as the diode has blocked the flow of power, which is what you require. Only the trailer will see power.
      Diode must be fitted correct direction, easy enought on find on Google all that.
      The below is quality type for job Shottke diode, hence I never sourced the diode from Jaycar.

6pcs SB560-E3/54 - Vishay - Schottky Diodes Rectifiers 5.0 Amp 60 V
      Last edited by Jasonmc73; 31-10-19, 12:11 AM.
      Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• pmathews
        • Oct 2019
        • Box Hill North

Thanks Jason. I'm pretty sure I have some opf those from building bridge rectifiers years ago. I'm going to talk to the bloke who installed the controller first cos he should have done it!

Peter

Comment

• Huw62
          • Jan 2020
          • Leopold

I had the exact same problem, you MUST install a diode on the brake light feed but make sure you use the feed BEFORE the trailer plug ECU in behind the jack. Redarc sell a diode specifically for this reason.

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by pmathews View Post
            Thanks Jason. I'm pretty sure I have some opf those from building bridge rectifiers years ago. I'm going to talk to the bloke who installed the controller first cos he should have done it!

Peter

Any progress on this issue?
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X