• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vix2010
    • Jan 2015
    • Wamboin NSW

What Tropical Fish?

Hi all,

This is probably not the right place to be asking this question in this forum but who knows!
    I have just bought a tropical fish tank for the first time and have set it up with the heater, pump etc..
    We have been told from the pet shop that we have to wait a few weeks until we can put fish into the tank.

The tank is a 27ltr and was wondering what kind of fish would people recommend & how many fish could the tank hold?

Cheers Vic & the 3 Kids
    NT GLS DiD auto, ARB Bar,22" Cree Light Bar, Oricom UHF, Hankook Dynapro MT 265/70r17, CSA Granite Rims, Dobinsons 2" Lift, Safari Snorkle,Custom 3" exhaust, Thule roof racks,Kings awning,roof cage

Love The Paj 👍👍
    (Everything happens for a reason)
  • vladguan
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Vix2010 View Post
    Hi all,

This is probably not the right place to be asking this question in this forum but who knows!
    I have just bought a tropical fish tank for the first time and have set it up with the heater, pump etc..
    We have been told from the pet shop that we have to wait a few weeks until we can put fish into the tank.

The tank is a 27ltr and was wondering what kind of fish would people recommend & how many fish could the tank hold?

Cheers Vic & the 3 Kids
    There is a few of us here that keep fish. You are best to sign up to www.aquariumlife.com.au. I am on there with the same name. They may be having sign up issues so please be patient. They are also on facebook.

As for waiting. Yes, depends on the fish. The wait is for the filter media to be colonized with bacteria to process fish waste etc. It is called cycling the tank. Please read up on it and the amonia cycle. It is especially important for such a small tank where things can go wrong very quickly.

www.aqadvisor.com is a good site to enter your details and the fish you want and it will tell you if you have too many and maintenance cycles etc.

I would start off with a few (6) live bearers like guppies and platies or even danios and see how things progress.

HTH,
    Vlad
    Please call me Vlad.
    -----------------------
    MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• Vix2010
      • Jan 2015
      • Wamboin NSW

Thanks Vlad, Ill check that site out.

Cheers Vic
      NT GLS DiD auto, ARB Bar,22" Cree Light Bar, Oricom UHF, Hankook Dynapro MT 265/70r17, CSA Granite Rims, Dobinsons 2" Lift, Safari Snorkle,Custom 3" exhaust, Thule roof racks,Kings awning,roof cage

Love The Paj 👍👍
      (Everything happens for a reason)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X