• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • supazuk
    • Jun 2014
    • Katherine

Boat rego/ license

I am going to NSW next week to visit the in laws and am thinking about taking
    my boat and trying to catch some bass. The issue I have is we don't have boat
    registration or boat licensing where I live and don't have a nsw address so can't get nsw rego.

Does anyone know what the liabilities are with not having rego?

Boat is a tournament style punt with 100hp outboard and full off shore safety
    equipment. Am I likely to get stopped in northern nsw rivers?
    2014 PC Challenger, TJM winch bar, RUNVA 9500 winch, MMA tow bar, $0.09 EGR resister mod, 114L fuel tank, narva 225 HID driving lights, scan gauge 2, uniden UHF, TAIT VHF, TJM battery tray, bush skins , dobinsons lift and plenty more to still do
  • Toddyh
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2013
    • Lalor Park, NSW

I would call NSW RMS. That's a curly one for sure.
    2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• 91Tourer
      • Jun 2010
      • Hunter Valley,NSW

As far as im aware you will need registration for your boat and trailer, a boat licence for anything that travels faster than 10 knots and a fishing licence aswell, ahh nsw great place for revenue, wether you see RMS(waterways,maritime) is an unknown.
      NP 3.8L V6 2004, Uniden Uhf, Electronic rust protection, ARB winch bar, Lightforce 240 blitz, Tigerz Grande winch with Dyneema rope, Snorkel,Bushskinz Underbody protection, Maxxis 771's, Ultimate Suspension 2" lift with airbagsTug for a GIC Offload camper

NG 3ltr V6 Fully rebuilt, 2" body lift, ARB roofcage now retired!

Comment

• supazuk
        • Jun 2014
        • Katherine

Originally posted by Toddyh View Post
        I would call NSW RMS. That's a curly one for sure.
        Have spent 4 months trying to sort rego.
        Goes like this.

(Me)I want to use my boat in Nsw.

(Rms) that's fine, interstate rego is recognised

(Me) I live in the NT and we don't have boat rules

(Rms) boat must be registered

(Me) how do I get rego?

(Rms) need nsw ID and a HIN

(Me) I don't have nsw ID as I live in the NT

(Rms) interstate rego is recognised

Repeat for 4 months. it has been fairly frustrating
        2014 PC Challenger, TJM winch bar, RUNVA 9500 winch, MMA tow bar, $0.09 EGR resister mod, 114L fuel tank, narva 225 HID driving lights, scan gauge 2, uniden UHF, TAIT VHF, TJM battery tray, bush skins , dobinsons lift and plenty more to still do

Comment

• supazuk
          • Jun 2014
          • Katherine

Trailer is registered and a fishing permit is easy to get

Comment

• Toddyh
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2013
            • Lalor Park, NSW

If they say interstate rego is recognised and you can't get rego in your state I'd say go for it. Carry proof of your and the boats address and you should be covered.
            2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X