• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 85L200Express
    • Mar 2012
    • Tasmania

Handbrake Movement Scraping On Rotor

I did the rear rotors and pads, on the passenger side I forgot to release the handbrake when trying to take the rotor off. I eventually remembered and then took it off and replaced the rotor.

Now there is a scraping sound from that rotor and the handbrake assembly rocks easily left to right and one shoe slides back and forth. I can't seem to tighten it and get it to stay in place and it keeps rubbing on the rotor now.

The drivers side is fine.

Any advice? Or do I need to replace the entire hand brake kit on that side?

I've got no prior experience with handbrake adjustment etc...
  • Mike DiD
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007

One of the springs that lifts pad off the drum may have become dislodged.
    Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

• 85L200Express
      • Mar 2012
      • Tasmania

I've taken it all apart, re-tensioned the clips that keep the holdings pins in place. It seems to sit a lot better, but the scraping noise is still present.

Comment

• 85L200Express
        • Mar 2012
        • Tasmania

I think it's the shoe grinding on the inside of the rotor. I'm going to try and adjust the hand brake.

Comment

• 85L200Express
          • Mar 2012
          • Tasmania

I've noticed a bit of glazing on the top of the rear side shoe and silver dust from the new rotor. I adjusted the handbrake only on the passenger side and it seemed to fix it until I made a right turn and then the scraping returned...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X