• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twisted32
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by SiperElite View Post
    Hi. I'm running 33" on my pajero 2010. Egine it tuned and is currently giving 245 hp and 441 nm... will the auto mate kill my gearboks? Would love it if I could get it to lockup when driving steep hills 30+ km/h and flat ones 65+ km/h.

Sorry about the bad language.... from Norway🤣
    Will it kill your gearbox, unlikely. I have been running lock up mate, with more mods and power than yours. It does feel like a different vehicle with the torque converter locked up under load.
    I do however consider the lock up clutch in the torque converter a consumable part (like a clutch in a manual, because it is). I rarely run around unlocked, with the understanding that I expect to kill the lock up clutch sooner than most.
    To me, it is worth it (still wish it was manual, no matter how good it is off-road).
    MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• m_and_m
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2010
      • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

OJ, thanks for that. Good explanation. Also, with a highly tuned engine, locking the torque converter also reduces the max torque entering the actual transmission, as the torque converter multiplies (increases) the engine torque into the trans, and by locking it stops the multiplication effect.

The Challenger version uses fixed settings of 1-10. The Pajero version does it a bit differently via a range specified using the instrument cluster. Regardless auto-mate is adjustable to suit your vehicle setup, especially larger tyres.

SiperElite,
      Yes, auto-mate will lockup from 30kph, after which it keeps it locked and changes gears for you at the right times to ensure it can stay locked. Works excellently in hill/mountainous terrain at lower speeds to save fuel and keep the trans oil temps down to protect it from early failure.

On the web site at the top of the e-store you can submit a form for a quote for international orders.

Cheers,
      Marshall
      2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
      2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
      Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• SiperElite
        • Jan 2020
        • Bøverdalen

Thanks a lot for the replays😁😁 Better start saving....🙈 not free in the firstplace... + taxes and shipping to norway🙈 So if anyone of you wondering abot taking the trip to winter wondeland, pleas bring one for me😉😉

Comment

• dreamerman
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2009
          • Sydney

Hi Marshall, will you be releasing the next update for the automate soon?
          03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• Ian H
            Valued Member
            • May 2015
            • Melbourne

What update are you expecting ? I don't know of any improvements required.
            2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• dreamerman
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2009
              • Sydney

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
              What update are you expecting ? I don't know of any improvements required.
              Do not know what to expect hence the question. Not assuming there are no improvements.
              03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• jkwpajero
                • Jun 2008
                • Young, NSW

Originally posted by dreamerman View Post
                I have received an email from Marshall letting me know that some of the Automates delivered were in need of a software upgrade to the latest version, as a glitch was apparent that could lead to the battery going flat over a week parked up. I had this happen, so mine has been sent off for the the software upgrade. Great service from Marshall and Michelle in contacting me.

James
                Last edited by jkwpajero; 12-03-20, 10:12 AM.
                2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.

Comment

• m_and_m
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by jkwpajero View Post
                  I have received an email from Marshall letting me know that some of the Automates delivered were in need of a software upgrade to the latest version, as a glitch was apparent that could lead to the battery going flat over a week parked up. I had this happen, so mine has been sent off for the the software upgrade. Great service from Marshall and Michelle in contacting me.

James
                  Thanks James - Only a selected number of Pajero units were affected and we've contacted those customers.
                  2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                  Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• m_and_m
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by dreamerman View Post
                    There are no planned updates to Pajero or Challenger auto-mates or lockup-mates. Any further updates would be the result a problem informed by customer feedback.

If you PM me your name I'll lookup your unit and its sw version, and I can tell you any changes made since it was delivered.

Comment

• dreamerman
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • Sydney

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
                      If you PM me your name I'll lookup your unit and its sw version, and I can tell you any changes made since it was delivered.
                      PM sent

Comment

• m_and_m
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
                        There are no planned updates to Pajero or Challenger auto-mates or lockup-mates. Any further updates would be the result a problem informed by customer feedback.

deamerman, your Pajero auto-mate unit has v3.8 and was sent on 21 Apr 2019.
                        Here are a summary of the software changes since then.

IMPROVEMENTS - (Pajero auto-mate only)
                        - In SPORT mode, it now delays change over to Drive until <20kph (normally at 30kph) if engine braking in 2nd gear with pedal off. Note: the 1st quirk my change it into 1st at 30kph [Improved safety as moving to DRIVE unexpectedly reduces engine braking performance]
                        - Includes ability for user to configure the warm-up temperature. Default now 40 degC.
                        - More robust to exceptions - Watchdog Timer, loss of CANBus messages, SW freeze, or transmission error (CEL)
                        . Reduced standby power consumption (30mA down to 13mA)
                        . Improved operation with pedal controllers (eg. iDrive)
                        . Improvements to the shift profile
                        . smoother gear changes at lower RPM
                        . improved operation with partial lockup mode for NT and NW.

BUG FIXES:
                        . LED didn’t flash when switching off auto-mate.
                        . Turning off AM8 did not switch the relay off. Temporary loss of factory TCC control. Turn ignition off to restore/fix.
                        . Very occasionally after a gear change it incorrectly goes into SPORT mode
                        . When turning unit on/off/on. If in D, may cause change to SPORT mode
                        . Moving from D to N to D may occasionally cause entry into SPORT mode

I recommend you send it in for a SW update, primarily to get the 1st item in the improvements list above related to engine braking.
                        You can order a SW update at the MM4X4 Shop at the web site, and we'll send you details on how to return the unit. Cost is just P&H.

Cheers Marshall

Comment

• psproule
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Googong, NSW

Fitted mine today. Took about 1.5 hours without really rushing it. No dramas and all worked per the manual afterwards. Kit is awesome - well made and has all the bits you need. Instructions were well documented also. Will be towing the boat tomorrow & keen to see the difference in trans temps and the ability to hold a higher gear. I also need to adjust a little to avoid the rumble when locked in 5th at lower speeds.

Thanks for your effort on these kits Marshall. Appreciate the amount of research and coding that must have gone into these!

Pat
                          2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                          2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• m_and_m
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by psproule View Post
                            Fitted mine today. Took about 1.5 hours without really rushing it. No dramas and all worked per the manual afterwards. Kit is awesome - well made and has all the bits you need. Instructions were well documented also. Will be towing the boat tomorrow & keen to see the difference in trans temps and the ability to hold a higher gear. I also need to adjust a little to avoid the rumble when locked in 5th at lower speeds.

Thanks for your effort on these kits Marshall. Appreciate the amount of research and coding that must have gone into these!

Pat
                            Thanks Pat - let us know how it goes with the boat in tow.
                            Shift profile can be adjusted up a bit if the 5th is too low for your car. The Paj driveline is very sensitive to shudder and seems to vary between vehicles. I believe this is one of the reasons the factory program unlocks the TCC so readily.

Comment

• BB63
                              • Jul 2019
                              • Redcliffe QLD

I haven't read through the entire thread, but I did read very early in there that you were looking at doing one for the NP, did this get anywhere?
                              If so i'd be sticking my hand up for one.
                              Cheers Brian

Comment

• psproule
                                Valued Member
                                • Jun 2007
                                • Googong, NSW

Towed the boat to Burrinjuck and back last weekend. Lockup kit made a huge difference. No more holding a lower gear trying to keep trans locked up.trans temp never over 70 and IAT lower as well. And it used less fuel too. All good for the win.

If anyone has one in Canberra region they want fitted im handy with a soldering iron.

Cheers - Pat
                                2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                                2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X