• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim-oz
    • Aug 2016
    • blayney

ECB Big Tube Bullbar

G'day all, without going into the merits of Steel vs Alloy vs Smartbar or indeed manufacturers, i am interested in hearing from anyone who has one of theses bars. I have ordered one and am sure i'll be happy with my decision.

I Have a couple of questions,

Any need for a suspension upgrade, it is Alloy [35 kg i believe] can't be much heavier than the genuine MM bar and Mits say no need for upgrade?

Anyone had a roo or similar strike, had a type 8 Ecb bar years ago and survived a couple of medium type hits without major damage, any problems for anybody else?

Cheers Jim
  • Lefty
    • Mar 2017
    • Brisbane

I have one (in black) on a Titanium Exceed. All sensors and FCM (radar) and 360 degree camera work fine.
    I have mounted a 23” LLA single row light bar between the hoops, under the grille badge, fits neatly and does not interfere with the radar.
    I have stock suspension. Fitting the ECB bar requires removal of the bumper, fog lights, lower grille etc. So my theory is the net weight gain is probably not too much.
    I still have standard suspension, six months later, and there has been negligible suspension sag, handling has not changed.

Comment

• johndavis125262
      • Apr 2013
      • brisbane

i have a pb and have big bar on it for 5 years now no problem still original shocks regards john

Comment

• Jim-oz
        • Aug 2016
        • blayney

Thanks boys, exactly the response i was looking for. Lefty i have the Titanium and went for the Ripple Black as well, liked the look of the silver but didn't think the contrast in color would go. Yep, thought there would be a weight loss removing the lower half of the front.

Anyone out there used them in anger?

Comment

• peterdeg
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • NW Sydney

Is the ecb bar the only one compatible ith the 18MY Exceed?

I rang Opposite Lock to confirm theirs was and was told "yes it is as the cameras are in the windscreen" - which I don't believe is the case

Any other brands?

(After 6 years as a Triton owner, looks like I'm coming back to this forum lol)
          Peter
          2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

• drodda
            • Aug 2019
            • Canberra

Reviving an old thread... How do you find the ECB bar a few years? Any issues? Still running stock front suspension or did you upgrade?

How does the relocated camera go? Where do they put it?

Do all the rest of the front sensors still work?

Comment

• JohnFromPerth
              • Mar 2018
              • Western Australia

I had an ECB bar on a Holden Jackaroo and later on a Kia Sorento BL series with 'proper' 4wd.
              Bar on both vehicles was polished aluminium and both weathered well. No corrosion or tarnish.
              Hit a roo with the Jackaroo and bent up the bar which smashed the turn and park light on one side. Loosening the mounting bolts let the bar spring back into shape with no damage, just $400 for a new light assembly!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X