• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike1960
    • Jun 2020
    • Maitland

Throttle controller NT Diesel

[SIZE="7"]I put an IDRIVE throttle controller in different car to drive I still cannot believe the difference it has made.

I will keep this short and sweet I put a throttle controller on my 2010 NT Pajero 4M41 turbo diesel auto VRX wagon.

Even after cleaning out the EGR, manifolds and setting the valve clearances the car had a dead spot when pulling out onto a street or roundabout which I feel was very dangerous.

I was told by several respected 4 x 4 mechanics to get a throttle controller installed. I bought one and it sat on my office desks for months. Eventually a friend installed it for me.

I must admit I am shocked by the difference it has made to my Pajero it is quicker off the mark, the gear changes are much tighter and believe it or not the Pajero is using a tad less fuel now.

I am the ultimate sceptic but I am totally shocked at how this has changed everything about my Pajero it is heaps more fun to drive. As a result of my experience my friends have put throttle controllers into diesel Toyota and Nissan 4WD,s all have been blown away.

If you have a throttle that is fly by wire put a throttle controller and enjoy.
    Best Wishes
    Mike
    Last edited by Mike1960; 14-01-21, 08:46 PM.
  • fire88
    • Nov 2013
    • melbourne

Originally posted by Mike1960 View Post
    [SIZE="7"]

I will keep this short and sweet I put a throttle controller on my 2010 NT Pajero 4M41 turbo diesel auto VRX wagon.

Even after cleaning out the EGR, manifolds and setting the valve clearances the car had a dead spot when pulling out onto a street or roundabout which I feel was very dangerous.

I was told by several respected 4 x 4 mechanics to get a throttle controller installed. I bought one and it sat on my office desks for months. Eventually a friend installed it for me.

I must admit I am shocked by the difference it has made to my Pajero it is quicker off the mark, the gear changes are much tighter and believe it or not the Pajero is using a tad less fuel now.

I am the ultimate sceptic but I am totally shocked at how this has changed everything about my Pajero it is heaps more fun to drive. As a result of my experience my friends have put throttle controllers into diesel Toyota and Nissan 4WD,s all have been blown away.

Best Wishes
    Mike

Thank you very much for sharing it with us. but I don't understand :the car had a dead spot when pulling out onto a street or roundabout which I feel was very dangerous? is there anything to do with cleaning manifolds or valves adjustment? how ?

Do you mind share which brand controller you bought?

Comment

• fire88
      • Nov 2013
      • melbourne

Originally posted by Mike1960 View Post
      [SIZE="7"]

Best Wishes
      Mike
      Also, correct me if I am wrong, the pajero is controlled by electronic throttle mod not a wire.

Do you mind share which model of Idrive? if it's the one.

I found the idrive 301L suits my pajero NT.

thanks

Comment

• pharb
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Tyers,Vic

Fly by wire refers to electronic control linked by electric wire (and electronic processing unit) in place of mechanical, cable linkage.
        PCOV Member 1107.
        Daily driver NX GLX
        Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
        Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
        Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• fire88
          • Nov 2013
          • melbourne

EVC
          THROTTLE CONTROLLER 3 MODES EVC301
          Product SKU Code: SP173950

$219.00

ON SALE NOW

Comment

• fire88
            • Nov 2013
            • melbourne

Originally posted by pharb View Post
            Fly by wire refers to electronic control linked by electric wire (and electronic processing unit) in place of mechanical, cable linkage.
            sorry for my misunderstanding.

Comment

• fire88
              • Nov 2013
              • melbourne

Just ordered one, thank you all for sharing.

Comment

• brw0513
                • Apr 2018
                • Brisbane

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to do some research to find out how this item works.
                Ian B
                1998 NL SWB 6G74 Manual

Comment

• fire88
                  • Nov 2013
                  • melbourne

Just picked up the iDrive 301 from Autobahn, installed and tested drive.

Wow! It's just like different car, very responsive, I need to get used to it now.
                  Tried E model and U model.
                  Eventually I use AC.

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

Comment

• brw0513
                    • Apr 2018
                    • Brisbane

How do you know the 301 is the correct unit? Is it just the connector (plug) type or something in the settings?

And what's the difference between the 301 and the 301L?

Thanks.
                    Ian B
                    1998 NL SWB 6G74 Manual

Comment

• fire88
                      • Nov 2013
                      • melbourne

Originally posted by brw0513 View Post
                      How do you know the 301 is the correct unit? Is it just the connector (plug) type or something in the settings?

Thanks.
                      Actually, it's 301L on the box, but it says 301 on website.

Comment

• fire88
                        • Nov 2013
                        • melbourne

There's different model 313 is for 2015 onward if I checked correctly.

Or, call Autobarn to find out which model is for your car.

Comment

• aussieintas
                          Valued Member
                          • Feb 2013
                          • Sorell, Tasmania

Originally posted by brw0513 View Post

Thanks.
                          Check the iDrive website out for vehicle and model details confirms which is the correct one.
                          2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                          88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                          92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                          92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                          99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                          95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                          08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• fire88
                            • Nov 2013
                            • melbourne

Actually it's not easy to find out which one suits pajero.

It's not listed on IDrive USA, it's pajerosport on iDrive Australia.

According to the Australian website, 301L is for PB pajerosport from 2008-2016.
                            I never knew mine is pajerosport.

Comment

• Kieran
                              • Aug 2019
                              • Underwood

Not sure what the difference is between the 301 and 301l but but i recently fitted the 301l to my 09 VRX and it's made a huge difference.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X