• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KeithN
    • Dec 2018
    • Perth WA

3rd Seat Well Access - Fridge Slide

Gidday

I have made split access boards to replace the original 3rd seat one piece cover.
    I used 9mm marine ply covered with carpet.

The idea was that I could place heavy items on the left hand side which is safely held in place because the fridge is tied down over the left side.
    This leaves access available on the right hand side with plenty of space available to utilise.

I would now like to have a fridge slide on the left side but need your help on how to securely mount it to the floor? Has anyone already done this? Appreciate any assistance or advice.

Many thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KeithN; 06-04-20, 05:55 PM. Reason: Add Signature
    Cheers
    Keith

2017 NX GLS, Nudge Bar with 9" LED spotties, Tow Bar, 2" Lift Kit & airbags, Redarc Elec Brake Controller, Redarc Charger & dual Batteries, Rhino Platform Rack, KAP Industries fire extinguisher mounted front seat and Cooper AT3 tyres
  • wanderay
    • Feb 2012
    • Richmond NSW

G'day Keith,

I think you are on the right track. I did a similar thing years ago and it has worked really well, very light weight, holds fridge in place and has shelves for plastic crates etc, allows access to storage under the split covers and it doesn't need an expensive fridge slide. see:

Ray
    NT Pajero (white), Smartbar, Warn winch, LightForce Lights, Safari snorkel, Provent 200, Lovells MD with Aussie Ryder shocks, Optima main and Renogy lithium aux battery and 300w solar on roof with Victron 100/20 reg, Tvan Sport campertrailer.

Comment

• KeithN
      • Dec 2018
      • Perth WA

Thanks Ray, looks great.

Hey Dan, that is what I currently do but as I have 2 fridges one with a side open lid and one with a rear hinge thought they might be easier to get to with a fridge slide.
      Cheers
      Keith

2017 NX GLS, Nudge Bar with 9" LED spotties, Tow Bar, 2" Lift Kit & airbags, Redarc Elec Brake Controller, Redarc Charger & dual Batteries, Rhino Platform Rack, KAP Industries fire extinguisher mounted front seat and Cooper AT3 tyres

Comment

• Garc
        • May 2015
        • Perth

I did that and added tie down loops in the seat well, bolted through the back wall of the tub and with a hole for the strap to go through. Can’t see it when the factory lid is on. front straps were around the cargo barrier anchors The problem I had was the ply sagging across the gap. I tried reinforcing the ply with ali angle and then a post onto the floor of the tub. Worked ok but not brilliant.

I’ve now changed fridges and needed to have a slide so got a Kings one but it was too wide. I made a new tray from alu angle and a ply base to just fit the fridge. I made a single piece ply false floor which bolts into the child seat anchors and the rearmost tie down points. With a hatch on the RHS for access. I used chair leg anchors from underneath the ply to bolt the slide down. Covered in carpet which I stapled rather than glued.
        Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• KeithN
          • Dec 2018
          • Perth WA

Hi Gary

That sounds great - any pictures?

Cheers

Keith
          Cheers
          Keith

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X