Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 21-08-17

Default rockford mmcs replacement

Hi I was wondering if anyone had success in replacement the head unit on a pajero running mcs with premium rockford.
I was wondering if someone actually managed to replace the head unit with something like the following units and still be able to use all speakers and dvd player setting.

http://www.kenwood.com/au/car/visual...tion/ddx916ws/

https://www.soundmaster.com.au/Kenwo.../DNX8160DABSN/

Thanks

Nitin Jayanand
Old 22-08-17

I'd be keen to know as well. I want to ditch the piece of crap mmcs in mine as well. Ive looked at the digoptions one but they just don't do anything for me in terms of appearance. I'd like to remove the unit in there now and replace with at least same screen size. Ive just put a single din Kenwood unit in my G8 Fairlane and am happy with the quality of Kenwood.
Old 24-08-17

I replaced mine about 18 months ago with a mongoose unit. Not really into hi fi, so to me the sound quality is quite good.
The problem I had and I'm not sure if it's correct, but when ringing around, I was told by a couple of technicians that only certain places have the know how to do it.
I ended up being referred to a place in Fairfield NSW, and everything works ok, DVD, Sat Nav, rear camera, radio, CD etc.
From memory, I think it cost about $1300 to supply and install.
Hope this helps.
Alan
Old 25-08-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAKASH View Post
Hi I was wondering if anyone had success in replacement the head unit on a pajero running mcs with premium rockford.
I was wondering if someone actually managed to replace the head unit with something like the following units and still be able to use all speakers and dvd player setting.

http://www.kenwood.com/au/car/visual...tion/ddx916ws/

https://www.soundmaster.com.au/Kenwo.../DNX8160DABSN/

Thanks

Nitin Jayanand
Hi AAKkash ,
I have a 2011 Pajero NT and it does have the crappy MMC unit which I am currently looking at replacing it with a Kenwood head unit :

http://www.kenwood.com/au/car/visual...on/ddx9017dabs

I was initially looking at the Pioneer AVH-Z5000DAB but then realized that Pioneer has the Resistive display where as this Kenwood system has the Capacitive display which is far smoother . Also , this Kenwood has the Wifi capability for mirroring which again is an advantage .

I will be getting the new unit , and then pull out my old crappy MMC and replace it with this one. Given that I have done a lot of cabling in my car myself, I do not trust anyone else to touch it so I will install this myself and let you know what I think if you are interested . The only issue is the cost of the unit which is around $1025 but I will probably add a second camera to it as well and redo the steering wheel buttons too which may cost me another $100.
Old 31-08-17

Default hi

Thanks many for the options. Im still wondering if you managed to get the sound system adapted to run the premium speakers on the exceed including 5.1 surround.
Old 31-08-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye50 View Post
I replaced mine about 18 months ago with a mongoose unit. Not really into hi fi, so to me the sound quality is quite good.
The problem I had and I'm not sure if it's correct, but when ringing around, I was told by a couple of technicians that only certain places have the know how to do it.
I ended up being referred to a place in Fairfield NSW, and everything works ok, DVD, Sat Nav, rear camera, radio, CD etc.
From memory, I think it cost about $1300 to supply and install.
Hope this helps.
Alan
Hi Alan

Could you let me know the mangoose unit part number. are
Old 07-09-17

Hi there Akkash,
Sorry for the belated response, haven't been on the computer much lately.
The model is a Q260, although I'm not sure if this would now be the latest mode.
I've just taken a couple of photos of the box, which shows some of the features.
Now to work out how to attach them to the post.
If they don't appear, let me know your email address and I will send them directly.
Regards
Alan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1312.jpg (181.8 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1313.JPG (184.1 KB, 152 views)
Old 07-09-17

I finally installed my new Kenwood DDX917WS system . I love this unit specially that is has Android Auto and Apple play.
The unit is designed for the new Toyotas as it is widescreen but with some minor modifications it fits perfectly .
Old 07-09-17

How did you go with the following:

Steering Wheel Controls
Speakers and Sub woofer connections
Old 07-09-17

My steering wheel controls work perfectly as the unit has this functionality . As for the subwoofer , there is no sub in the RX model.

Thanks