Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 16-10-15

Cheers for that cookie I will search more to see if anyone has the codes to get them all working as would like all gages to work.

2010 NT DiD VRX, Silver, 265/70R17 Maxxis 980 A/T, Bilstein and lovells 2" HD suspension, Premium Post Bullbar, Haymen trailer brake controller,Haymen tow pack, Response reversing camera,LED interior Lights,dash cam, Strike Alpha cradle, Oricom UHF180,8" HID spotlights,RFI antenna,Rhino Vortex roof racks, Rhino Fishing rod/Ski holders, SPVi module,ARB awning, 40" LED light bar, Redarc SBI12 Dual Battery set up.
left: winch, Bash plates, snorkel, breathers
Old 16-10-15

So far the auto temp is the only programmable 'mgauge' code I know of, but you should be able to convert any scangauge codes, there's a procedure in the documentation. I've been meaning to have a play to try and get some other ones like torque converter lock-up, EGR opening, but haven't had a chance yet.
Post them up if you find any.
You still get all the standard gauges, 80 or more I think from memory.
Old 26-10-15

Default ATF temps.

I've got a NT. Just finished calibrating my Scanguage to read the ATF temp. What is a high temp? When should I get worried. The first drive I did,was getting about 70 to 80 then uphill about 98. Would appreciate any advice,thanks.
Old 26-10-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffa View Post
I've got a NT. Just finished calibrating my Scanguage to read the ATF temp. What is a high temp? When should I get worried. The first drive I did,was getting about 70 to 80 then uphill about 98. Would appreciate any advice,thanks.
I'm also keen to find out what the linit should be - I climbed to 100 whilst towing the camper trailer - it settles really quickly when I backed off a bit but it begs the question - what temp is it too hot and what damage could be caused?

Cheers
Old 26-10-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymOz View Post
I'm also keen to find out what the linit should be - I climbed to 100 whilst towing the camper trailer - it settles really quickly when I backed off a bit but it begs the question - what temp is it too hot and what damage could be caused?

Cheers
I'm not sure whats considered high, but I do my best to keep it below 90 degrees. This is easy to do with normal driving, but when towing I use 3rd and 4th to keep the torque converter locked and the temps down in the 65-75 degree range.

Keep your ears open, one eye on the tacho and one eye on the SG to determine when the TC is locked. Oh, and try to keep an eye on the road too.
Old 26-10-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffa View Post
The AT temp indicator lamp will illuminate at 147C or higher and then go out when the trans temp cools to around 127C. I've seen mine reach close to 120C, but have since fitted a torque converter lock up kit. My temps now sit on around 75-80C with the torque converter locked at 110kph in 5th.

I wouldn't be overly concerned unless your seeing temps in excess of 120C regularly.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |
Old 26-10-15
Valued Member

Read the bit in here Titled "Why ATF wears out"
http://www.thetransmissioncentre.com...l-information/
Old 26-10-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemc181 View Post
The AT temp indicator lamp will illuminate at 147C or higher and then go out when the trans temp cools to around 127C. I've seen mine reach close to 120C, but have since fitted a torque converter lock up kit. My temps now sit on around 75-80C with the torque converter locked at 110kph in 5th.

I wouldn't be overly concerned unless your seeing temps in excess of 120C regularly.
what is the status of the lock up kit.I may be wrong id you go through a period of not using it.Apologies if i have messed up!

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"
Old 26-10-15

Cruising on the highway on flat level ground my atf is 63 degrees. Start working through some hills or a head wind it can sit anywhere between 70-90.

If I tow in drive it will stay up around 90 or higher up hills, but if you drop it into 4th in manual mode it quickly drops to around 70. If I see it getting over 90 I drop it into 4th to lock up the torque converter.

The highest I've seen was just over 100 towing a boat in soft sand but similarly if I moved it into 2nd in manual mode the atf temp dropped considerably.
Old 26-10-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOSSAMER View Post
Read the bit in here Titled "Why ATF wears out"
http://www.thetransmissioncentre.com...l-information/
Yep, I near had a heart attack when I first started monitoring transmission temps, but further research has shown my fears to be unfounded. I still like to keep the temps as low as possible though, as it stands to reason, lower temps = longer fluid life.

The temps in that article are relevant to standard Transmission fluid, but the synthetic fluids we use have much higher temp ratings than days of old. The Aisin tranny used in the later NT models and onwards has a recommended service schedule of 195,000km from memory for normal use and 90,000 km if towing or heavy use. Most of us will see the occasional trans temps well over 100, particularly those who tow or who have larger tyres/roof racks etc which causes the TC to slip on the whiff of an incline. There haven't been too many failures that I am aware of with the Aisin Auto's related to temp, and most Paj drivers won't have a clue what the transmission temp is at any given time as they simply don't monitor it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiNTPajero View Post
what is the status of the lock up kit.I may be wrong id you go through a period of not using it.Apologies if i have messed up!
I only use it when at cruising speed on the hwy, but since changing out the failed resistor I've had no issues with fault codes. So far so good, if it fails again I am going to change the resistor out to a 100 watt rated version as discussed in this thread. http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=48239

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |