Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 11-08-13

Default 5 seat to 7 seat conversion Pajero 2011 nw

Hi there
Looking to buy pajero but the VIN number plate says 5 seats, can I add additional 2 seats if it has the provision to add with rear flap where additional seats fit. Where can I buy these seats?

Regards
Amit
Old 11-08-13
Valued Member

G'Day Amit,

First od all, welcome to the forum mate.

If you need a 7 seater, simply buy a 7 seat Pajero. I am going to assume that the one you looked at was a GL, meaning a 5 seater. Look for a GLX/GLS so it has the 7 seats standard, will be a lot less hassle.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...
Old 11-08-13
Valued Member

If it was only complied for 5 seats you will find it quite a hassle to re-comply it for 7 seats. You also have the issue of needing to mount the seat-belts and change all the rear trim. Find a 7 seater to start with would be my suggestion also.
Old 11-08-13
Valued Member

You can buy mine if you want!

They will never be used again and are new!

I'm not sure if you are allowed to sell them though, if you have a car that is 7 seats compliant...something to ask Qld Transport maybe? Mya be able to get a new plate for our Paj?

Cheers,
Sally

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575
Old 11-08-13
Valued Member

The easiest way would be to buy a 7 seater in the first place.

However if you are really set on this particular car then ring around the wreckers and find out costs for the seat plus all the brackets, seat belts and any trim that differs to the 5 seater.

You might also need to meet any specs specific to the 7 seater relating to safety or handling. All I can think of would be rear springs perhaps might differ but there is probably nothing different here. I assume all NWs have ASC.

Then you need a compliance plate.

This is assuming that the 5 seater has all the welded brackets and holes etc in the body that a 7 seater has. It probably does but would be worth checking before you hand over any cash.

It would want to be a very good buy or well modified Pajero to be worth that hassle when there are plenty of 7 seaters out there for sale.
Old 11-08-13
Who ya gunna call....

It usually comes down to money. What's your GL going to cost and what it is goig to cost to mod.
What is a GLX worth in comparison?
Old 11-08-13

Default 5 to 7 seat compliance

Thanks to all of you for the reply. The car is Pajero 2011 GL. It seems to have all the fittings under the flap and behind 2nd row seats where the dickie sits would fit but my biggest issue is compliance plate. Will have to ring RTA in NSW to find out more. I could find the dickie seats for $150 on eBay and fitting shouldn't be hard either. I would need to check if seats come with seat belts or they need to installed separately.

Here RTA NSW legal stuff about adding seats, seems like too much work.
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...oads/vib02.pdf

Last edited by amitasdhir; 12-08-13 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-08-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitasdhir View Post
Thanks to all of you for the reply. The car is Pajero 2011 GL. It seems to have all the fittings under the flap and behind 2nd row seats where the dickie sits would fit but my biggest issue is compliance plate. Will have to ring RTA in NSW to find out more. I could find the dickie seats for $150 on eBay and fitting shouldn't be hard either. I would need to check if seats come with seat belts or they need to installed separately.

Here RTA NSW legal stuff about adding seats, seems like too much work.
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...oads/vib02.pdf
Seat belts are mounted behind the trim panels on either side. They are not a part of the seats.
Old 14-08-13

Default finally bought the Pajero 5 seater

Hello everyone, thanks for all your feedback and comments I finally did end buying the 5 seater pajero and going to add the dickie seats later on. The fitting and certification is $250 and seats from wreckers are not too expensive either so should be fine. Thanks for all comments and help.
Old 14-08-13
Valued Member

Buy MMA seats off ebay with seats and belts for $300. They come up all the time. Then fit it all yourself and then you go get a blue slip and the will simply change the seating capacity on rego. No need for engineer or RTA fitting station stuff to be done as all components are MMA and bolt to in into original MMA fittings. I looked into in 1 week ago and that is what the RTA Technical section told me, so I rang local blue slip guy who confirmed all of the above.
NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.