• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Is the Paj winscreen an audio type?

I'm in Boulia QLD and have had an oncoming truck throw up enough junk to crack my windscreen in three places. I'll be in Mt Isa by Monday and am covered by insurance but they wanted to know if my screen is an audio type. It's a 2015 GLS with rain sensing wipers but I couldn't answer that question. Any clues ?
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.
  • Seigried
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2016
    • brisbane

Depends on what they mean by audio type. If they mean does it have an antenna the I would say no. You can check this by looking at the rear passenger side cargo glass (3rd row windows), if it looks like it has a heater element on it (like the rear window heater) then you have found your antenna.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• craka
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2009
      • Newcastle (Newie)

audio ? Did the mean acoustic glass instead?

Some vehicles have a glass with has acoustic dampning properties to reduce cabin noise and referrd as acoustic glass.
      NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Alben
        • Jul 2010
        • Victoria

Correct me if I'm wrong, but i am pretty sure all pajeros after, but not including the ns had acoustic glass windscreen.
        Cheers
        Ben
        2007 Pajero NS VRX - DID, Manual, Cool Silver, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ARB Aluminium Rack, Awning, Bushskinz, Bilstein & Lovells HD, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, ARB Air Compressor, Lightforce XGTs, GME UHF, Cooper AT3, TPMS and Scan Gauge.

1996 Triton MJ Luxury Double Cab - 4d56T 2.5TD Manual, Snorkel, Canopy & Roof Rack, Side Step/Sliders, Bullbar, IPF Driving Lights, Mickey T MTZ's, GME UHF, Custom Roof Console, Spot Light, Pioneer Head Unit & Speakers, Piranha Dual Battery, Rear Drawers

Comment

• stevemc181
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • Thornlie/Perth

Definitely go the acoustic glass. I had mine replaced with a standard windscreen last year and can now hear heaps more wind noise than the MM original.
          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
          3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• kerway
            • Aug 2010
            • North West Sydney

Yep, they certainly do have acoustic windscreens. I've broken 2 in the last 2 years and they've been replaced with acoustics. The original windscreen isn't clearly marked as acoustic but the windscreen man said it was definitely one. He said they weigh a hell of a lot more than the normal ones
            NW CoolSilver with things bolted on it. Some better than others

Comment

• aussieintas
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2013
              • Sorell, Tasmania

My son is a windscreen fiitter and asked him. As said by others defo acoustic glass for improve cabin sound.
              2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
              88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
              92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
              92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
              99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
              95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
              08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Muzza
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Nsw

I have a 2014 VRX that had a replacement glass done by Obriens, rain sensing wipers have never worked properly since, and the windscreen is crap Chinese made and has now cleaning scratches and pits in it after 2 years and about 20k, so not good
                Only the Exceed has the acoustic glass and Obriens wouldn't fit it even if I paid the gap
                Muzza
                2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
                2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
                2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• Tamworth
                  • May 2014
                  • Tamworth

Ian
                  I had my original 2014 VRX replaced last week with an acoustic/ sound deadening type. Can't say I noticed the difference including on a 200km of a 100km/hr Highway run, makes me believe the original was an acoustic one. The windscreen replacement shop was uncertain of what the original was when booking the job, so he said best grab the acoustic one.
                  Mark

Comment

• Ian H
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2015
                    • Melbourne

Thanks for all the input....and today I realised it was acoustic she meant, not audio, just as you all mentioned. Anyway, the girl from the insurance company said they'd tell the fitter it was acoustic so hopefully that's what I'll get.

Thanks again for the help, great forum we have here.
                    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• vladguan
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2015
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                      Thanks for all the input....and today I realised it was acoustic she meant, not audio, just as you all mentioned. Anyway, the girl from the insurance company said they'd tell the fitter it was acoustic so hopefully that's what I'll get.

Thanks again for the help, great forum we have here.
                      Ask for genuine MM ones and not aftermarket ones as people have had issues with quality and the functioning of the auto wipers and lights.
                      Please call me Vlad.
                      -----------------------
                      MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• Ian H
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2015
                        • Melbourne

It's covered by insurance so if it's not right, they will have to fix it. Not many options in Mt Isa.

Comment

• Troy711
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2013
                          • Canberra

Originally posted by Alben View Post
                          Correct me if I'm wrong, but i am pretty sure all pajeros after, but not including the ns had acoustic glass windscreen.
                          Cheers
                          Ben
                          My NT GLS didn't come standard with acoustic glass and NRMA refused to put one in when I said I wanted one when it was replaced.

Comment

• Ian H
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2015
                            • Melbourne

I've got the acoustic type, the insurance company was the one who suggested it. I'm happy with that.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X