X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • v8r
    • May 2014
    • mudgee, nsw

self inflating mattress compresses down better and easier than a regular swag one too. i use the vacuum cleaner at home to suck it right down to almost nothing or when im out, i have a 12v inflater / deflater (or just pull the mattress out, roll it up and lay on it for 5 mins with the plugs out then shove it back in). bit of extra work but so much more comfy than the usual fare
    My Fuelly.com stats

Comment

• RUGGA
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2014
      • Adelaide

Hey Dicko, will your newish Expedia ( can't remember if that's what it's called ) self inflating mattress fit into a one man swag.
      02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• stevemc181
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
        Hey Dicko, will your newish Expedia ( can't remember if that's what it's called ) self inflating mattress fit into a one man swag.
        Exped Megamat 10 LXW is 77cms wide x 197cm long, so long as your swag is bigger it should fit.
        2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
        3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

Check Steves answer mate/. I tend to just chuck a sheet of canvas on the ground, lay the mattress out, blanket (usually just a sheet up here though, and pull one side of the canvas ground sheet over myself. I am now experiencing the cold weather of the Atherton tablelands. Getting down to 17 degrees so I am sleeping in a tent on a stretcher with the mattress on top of it, then blanket. The mattress is the best thing I have slept on in 20 years for bush work... So glad I bought it.

Funny thing is I started off as a youngen with a canvas and mattress. Now I have come full circle after tents, camper trailers, caravans etc. The less is better for sure. Would rather have a good mattress and canvas than a $80,000 van!!. Different strokes for different folks.

Actually it fits in my swag but mine is a large swag I had made in Alice Springs.

Last edited by Dicko1; 05-05-16, 04:10 PM.
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• RUGGA
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2014
            • Adelaide

Sweet, thanks Steve and Dicko.

I am currently waiting to catch a flight to Brizzy to check out a camper trailer but I still think the Exped Megamat 10 or the double (if it's cheaper than 2 singles) is on the cards and a swag. Thanks for the info boys.

Comment

• stevemc181
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
              Sweet, thanks Steve and Dicko.

I am currently waiting to catch a flight to Brizzy to check out a camper trailer but I still think the Exped Megamat 10 or the double (if it's cheaper than 2 singles) is on the cards and a swag. Thanks for the info boys.
              Nothing comes close to the Megamats 10LXW for comfort and they are a damn site easier to roll up than most others. I timed myself packing away the Malamoo Xtra tent and deflating and rolling up two Megamats the other day. 4 minutes and 40 seconds from start to finish. I wasn't particularly rushing either.
              They are a seriously good bed and worth every cent.
              2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
              3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Good luck with the camper trailer. I paid about $17,000 for mine about 6 years ago. Mate just bought a good one for $2,700!!! Bugger! They are out there cheap if you can find em..
                Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• RUGGA
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2014
                  • Adelaide

Oh don't worry, I am hearing you alright. Thanks again. I will look up Malamoo also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

I recntly bought a 4 man tent from Gumtree. $50. Living like a king!!!
                    Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• RUGGA
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2014
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                      Good luck with the camper trailer. I paid about $17,000 for mine about 6 years ago. Mate just bought a good one for $2,700!!! Bugger! They are out there cheap if you can find em..
                      Yeah. I should start a thread regarding my needs (and not hi Jack this one) but it could be too late

Comment

• Teamjet
                        • Jun 2015
                        • Sydney

I received my new Escape Single Swag last night - set it up in the lounge room. Everything seems pretty good. Can't comment too much more until I get out into the great outdoors with it.

Comment

• mrdenn1s
                          • Sep 2012
                          • Vic

Just got my Escape single swag.

First time I go to put it up to season it, the middle pole snaps. They are so weak. Not confident they will last the distance.

Have asked 4WD Supercentre for a new set of poles. Let's see what happens.

Comment

• Teamjet
                            • Jun 2015
                            • Sydney

The poles do look a little thin - Mine have been OK so far.

Comment

• bush dweller
                              • Feb 2014
                              • seymour vic

you must grab and bend any swag pole from the ends when there new, anywhere else and they will snap.

Comment

• Dusco
                                • Nov 2012
                                • Bairnsdale 3875

Just got the compact double... :-) saw one set up in the shop cost extra $10 compared to the single on the day.
                                04 GLS NP 3.2 AUTO Diesel, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, 81L Aux Tank, UHF Roof Console, Alloy Bull Bar, Lovell 36mm Nitro Gas Shocks, Lovell HD 50mm Lift, Rear Poly Air Bags, 265/75/16 Falken Wildpeaks, 65L Waeco CFX Fridge/Freezer, Kings Rooftop Tent.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X