• Show
Clear All
  • TC.Barky
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2011
    • Melbourne

Originally posted by Troy711 View Post
    Any reason it won't fit NS and NT?
    Physically I can't see why not, NS and NT bars get put on NWs all the time. Might be some legal issues though
    MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Ironman 4x4
      • Jul 2013
      • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by Troy711 View Post
      Any reason it won't fit NS and NT?
      To be honest it very well might. But without having a number of them to test (including different engine and transmission variations) we aren't comfortable with selling them as being compatible.

Cheers,

Matt
      Ironman 4x4

Comment

• braddonfire
        • Feb 2014
        • Melbourne, vic

Originally posted by Ironman 4x4 View Post
        To be honest it very well might. But without having a number of them to test (including different engine and transmission variations) we aren't comfortable with selling them as being compatible.

Cheers,

Matt
        Ironman 4x4
        I'm sure there's a couple of blokes here more than willing to volunteer their rigs!
        '93 NH LWB, sitting on 33's, LEDified interior, Exedy HD Clutch, Winch Bar, Narva Spotties, Extended Breathers, Cranked torsions, Rubber flares, Ironman Foam Cells

Comment

• Kirkster72
          • Sep 2013
          • Sydney

My mate has had his since mid November on his NS
          Attached Files
          2008 nt gls 3.2 smartbar, runva ewx9500 winch, airtech snorkel, ironman / ome combo lift, smartbar, 75watt hid's, lightbar, dual battery, rear worklight, bashplates, catch can 65ltr waeco, 18ltr engel, ors draws/fridge slide, 58ltr lra aux tank ,blah blah blah!

Comment

• Ironman 4x4
            • Jul 2013
            • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by Kirkster72 View Post
            My mate has had his since mid November on his NS
            Thats good to hear mate.

We'll want to fit one ourselves in the Melbourne office and confirm all the guard cuts etc before we give it the official go ahead.

I can confirm though, that the bar fits a NX Pajero. We've just fitted one here and are happy with it.

Cheers,

Matt
            Ironman 4x4

Comment

• P4J3R0
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2013
              • Brisbane

Why does the ironman bar have hi lift points but the arb one doesn't ?
              NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• Ironman 4x4
                • Jul 2013
                • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by Slo78u View Post
                Why does the ironman bar have hi lift points but the arb one doesn't ?
                Might be a question to ask the boys from ARB.

Cheers,

Matt
                Ironman 4x4

Comment

• abw
                  • Aug 2013
                  • Sydney

Might be a question to ask the boys from ARB.

Cheers,

Matt
                  Ironman 4x4
                  The jacking points have been tested on the Ironman bar (fitted to the Pajero)?
                  was Pajero NS 2008

now GU Patrol

Comment

• Ironman 4x4
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by abw View Post
                    The jacking points have been tested on the Ironman bar (fitted to the Pajero)?
                    Yes mate,

We wouldn't install them if they weren't...

We purchase almost every 4x4 we design products for and use them for testing and proving of products.

Cheers,

Matt
                    Ironman 4x4

Comment

• Buddha
                      • Apr 2013
                      • Canberra

I read in another thread that the IM bar mounts to the recovery points at the front of the paj thereby removing front recovery points. Is this the case? If so does the bar have recovery points in-built to compensate?

Cheers

Lynton

Comment

• abw
                        • Aug 2013
                        • Sydney

Originally posted by Buddha View Post
                        I read in another thread that the IM bar mounts to the recovery points at the front of the paj thereby removing front recovery points. Is this the case? If so does the bar have recovery points in-built to compensate?

Cheers

Lynton
                        I think that was the MCC bar.
                        was Pajero NS 2008

now GU Patrol

Comment

• mudlova
                          • May 2015
                          • australia

I looked into getting the iron man bar with a winch but it wont fit my NT, which is a shame as I do like the look of them . I will be buying a bar this week, looks like I will go an opposite lock one as there are no ARB ones in WA and was told none in aus at moment and 40 were being made for Pajero in VIC but don't know when next lot will be ready, and the OL have 1 in WA and 2 in Brisbane
                          No longer own a Pajero

Comment

• Ironman 4x4
                            • Jul 2013
                            • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by mudlova View Post
                            I looked into getting the iron man bar with a winch but it wont fit my NT, which is a shame as I do like the look of them . I will be buying a bar this week, looks like I will go an opposite lock one as there are no ARB ones in WA and was told none in aus at moment and 40 were being made for Pajero in VIC but don't know when next lot will be ready, and the OL have 1 in WA and 2 in Brisbane
                            Hey mudlova,

We've recently done some further testing with our NW bars, and can now confirm they also fit the NS & NT models (but not the earlier ones than those).

If you are interested in ours mate, hopefully that will help your decision!

Cheers,

Matt
                            Ironman 4x4

Comment

• MatthewP
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2014
                              • North of Brisbane

This question isn't specifically aimed at Ironman but does anyone know what the difference between gen 3 and gen 4 Bullbars are?

They should have very similar mounts, all being the same monocoque chassis.

Is it just the different size of the lights?
                              If it is Would that mean it would all bolt up but just have a bit more of a gap under the headlights?

Edit.
                              From other posts i have read, It looks like the bars mount up the same way but the height of the main part of the bar and the height of the loops are different between gen 3 and gen 4.

There was mention of the different position of the windscreen washer bottle between the different models.
                              some require a replacement washer bottle, or mods done to the existing one, for a bar to fit

Matt

Edit.

The new Ironman Premium Deluxe bars look pretty tough.
                              You dont notice the larger pipe diameter on the Premium Deluxe at first, but when comparing them with the Commercial Deluxe you can see the difference.

I like the idea of the fog lights being mounted into the bar instead of in a plastic insert, too.
                              Last edited by MatthewP; 06-09-15, 12:17 AM.
                              05 NP Pajero Platinum 3.2DID Auto

Comment

• mudlova
                                • May 2015
                                • australia

Hey mudlova,

We've recently done some further testing with our NW bars, and can now confirm they also fit the NS & NT models (but not the earlier ones than those).

If you are interested in ours mate, hopefully that will help your decision!

Cheers,

Matt
                                Ironman 4x4
                                Hi Matt, Thanks heaps for your reply I will contact your branch in Kewdale WA to get a price for supply and install a Deluxe Commercial bar and 12000lb winch with synthetic rope. Are all stockists aware of this awesome change that the NW bars fit the NS and NT models? (just incase they advise me the bar wont fit my NT and I have to try to get them to call to find out lol)
                                No longer own a Pajero

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X