• Show
Clear All
  • elmaula
    • Mar 2014
    • Downey CA USA

2.8 td engine oil cooler radiator

Hello Folks!!

From USA again.

Looking to install an oil cooler with a radiator on the front.

Does any one install one ot does it come s from factory. How or where it is conected.
    I noticed the are 2 bolts with alem set up on the oil filter housing. Can i tap in to those or is it better to use and universal kit?

Any ideas and info are great.

Regards
    Daily driver.

1989 convertion 4M40T jdm engine.

Home made recycle roof rack.
    12k. Lbs winch

The joy of driving something built by me after so many hrs of work and $.
  • pharb
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Tyers,Vic

Pretty sure your 4m40 will already have a water cooled oil cooler, mounted in the aluminum housing the oil filter hangs off.
    PCOV Member 1107.
    Daily driver NX GLX
    Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
    Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
    Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• stumagoo
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2014
      • Perth WA S.O.R

Wow the petrols have these stock.....
      1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
      *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
      1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• elmaula
        • Mar 2014
        • Downey CA USA

Pharb
        Thank for ur reply. My engine does have the oil cooler on the block.
        I am trying to put a extra prhaps with a radiator on the front just for extra cooling. I was thinking of installing a universal kit but i wanted to see if some has installed hoses and fitting right on the oil filter housing since it has 2 alen plugs not being used

Cheers
        Daily driver.

1989 convertion 4M40T jdm engine.

Home made recycle roof rack.
        12k. Lbs winch

The joy of driving something built by me after so many hrs of work and $.

Comment

• jrmc47
          • Jul 2011
          • Wonthaggi

the v6 pajeros have them mounted on the right hand side in front of the radiator
          NL Pajero gls.. TJM pro locker...front LOKKA...full reco 4M40 manual ...rear drawers ..ARB bullbar...Kings awning..Kings 9" led lights...Kings lightbar...1200lb winch...75 litre Evakool Fridge...agm second battery...DRL's....40 channel UHF....2 x 128 Channel UHF / VHF Handhelds...Kings recovery gear...Thumper compresser...ARB locker compressor

Comment

• Dongskie2
            • Dec 2016
            • Manila & Berwick

Originally posted by jrmc47 View Post
            the v6 pajeros have them mounted on the right hand side in front of the radiator
            I think that is the ATF cooler.

Here is the Oil Cooler for V6 Pajs in the center.

Attached Files
            Nothing beats Doing It Yourself.... Tuned 4M40 and 4D56T WIP

Comment

• jrmc47
              • Jul 2011
              • Wonthaggi

oil cooler

hmmm I thought that was the transmission cooler and this is the oil cooler
              Attached Files
              NL Pajero gls.. TJM pro locker...front LOKKA...full reco 4M40 manual ...rear drawers ..ARB bullbar...Kings awning..Kings 9" led lights...Kings lightbar...1200lb winch...75 litre Evakool Fridge...agm second battery...DRL's....40 channel UHF....2 x 128 Channel UHF / VHF Handhelds...Kings recovery gear...Thumper compresser...ARB locker compressor

Comment

• stumagoo
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2014
                • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by Dongskie2 View Post
                I think that is the ATF cooler.

Here is the Oil Cooler for V6 Pajs in the center.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1027...ew?usp=sharing

Nope the engine oil cooler for the v6 (on the RHD ones) is top right of the radiator - I have had 2 manuals and 1 auto and all 3 have had this. not to mention I have pulled the engines on 2 and the pipe work goes to the oil filter block
                1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
                1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• jrmc47
                  • Jul 2011
                  • Wonthaggi

That's what I said.. Lol

Comment

• Dongskie2
                    • Dec 2016
                    • Manila & Berwick

Originally posted by stumagoo View Post
                    Nope the engine oil cooler for the v6 (on the RHD ones) is top right of the radiator - I have had 2 manuals and 1 auto and all 3 have had this. not to mention I have pulled the engines on 2 and the pipe work goes to the oil filter block
                    Right on! I got it switched lolz

Comment

• Dongskie2
                      • Dec 2016
                      • Manila & Berwick

Originally posted by jrmc47 View Post
                      hmmm I thought that was the transmission cooler and this is the oil cooler
                      Right on too!

I got it swapped lolz

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X