• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nxsr
    • Jan 2015
    • Gisborne, vic

Raiser false boot floor

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone has had a raised false floor folded up out of Alu. Or steel to allow access to 7 seat well, whilst still using a drawer system?
    False floor bolts down to car, drawer system bolts to false floor......
    Cheers👍
  • Pajjy_McPajington
    • Jul 2016
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Nxsr View Post
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had a raised false floor folded up out of Alu. Or steel to allow access to 7 seat well, whilst still using a drawer system?

False floor bolts down to car, drawer system bolts to false floor......

Cheers[emoji106]

Hi NXsr - I have a Gen 3, NP.

I removed the 3rd row seats, & installed a set of those Titan drawers from 4wd SupaCentre. I reckon they’re pretty good value for money.

I wanted to get the side wings up & over the wheel arches, so I used a few strips of pine (can’t remember if 70 or 90mm), and basically used them as ‘packers’ to sit on each side to lift the whole setup.

The main drawer frame is still bolted down to the chassis at the front (behind 2nd row seat), & with stainless stirrups & ‘twisty tensioner’ things at the back to hold it still.

The drawer system includes a fridge-slide, when when open gives clear open access to the storage well from above, plus I can access from the rear easily. It helps also with the volume of storage underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hill
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2007
      • Adelaide

Pajjy

Thanks for posting your idea of raising the Titan drawers.

Can you post a few pictures whe you have time

Hill
      200 Series
      AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• Pajjy_McPajington
        • Jul 2016
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Hill View Post
        Pajjy

Thanks for posting your idea of raising the Titan drawers.

Can you post a few pictures whe you have time

Hill

No probs. Will do

Comment

• Nxsr
          • Jan 2015
          • Gisborne, vic

Thanks for reply, I’m keen to see pics also.

Comment

• Pajjy_McPajington
            • Jul 2016
            • Adelaide

Raiser false boot floor

Here’s a few pics. Don’t mind the cargo - have spent the weekend on the south coast, via McLaren Vale wine region.

I still need to trim a couple of the side panels to match perfectly, but that’s easy stuff.

I can take some more detailed ones later if you like (from underneath etc). Let me know if you need more. Cheers

Comment

• MikeL
              • Apr 2011
              • Melbourne

Looks great. How do you access the items in the seat well? Do you have a false bottom in the drawers?
              Now: MY14 NW with:
              Before: MY10 PB Challenger with: lotsa experience

Comment

• Pajjy_McPajington
                • Jul 2016
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by MikeL View Post
                Looks great. How do you access the items in the seat well? Do you have a false bottom in the drawers?

Hi Mikel. I can actually access most things from the rear of the Paj actually. Down there is spare belts, tyres repair kit, the usual factory jack & bar (that’s probably the most awkward thing to get in & out, but still easy enough), 2 side walls for awning, butane gas stove in a box. The largest thing is a recovery kit in a bag (I get it out if getting into hairy terrain), but otherwise I can access directly under the fridge slide. The Titan drawers are all based on a frame, but with no floor, so once the fridge slide is open I can get in easy via left hand passenger door, & fold up the seat.

We did a big road trip in June (Adelaide to Cairns then down the east coast). I removed the second row seats & we had stacks of room - putting heavy stuff right in the middle of the vehicle. Cheers

Comment

• MikeL
                  • Apr 2011
                  • Melbourne

Thanks for the explanation, and sounds like a very convenient setup. I have a full cargo barrier which stuffs that up a bit.
                  Now: MY14 NW with:
                  Before: MY10 PB Challenger with: lotsa experience

Comment

• Pajjy_McPajington
                    • Jul 2016
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by MikeL View Post
                    Thanks for the explanation, and sounds like a very convenient setup. I have a full cargo barrier which stuffs that up a bit.

No probs - I just do it that way, because that’s easiest without a cargo barrier, but even with one in place, & the fridge slide out, you could get access all the way down - it’d just be a little more awkward. Be very easy without a fridge strapped in place. From the rear I can still fit a butane stove through the gap, inside its case.

Another way is simply to remove a drawer (I haven’t installed the drawer stoppers just yet) - they come out like a kitchen drawer - then you can place things through the gap and down underneath. Easy.

Comment

• Shedtinkerer
                      • Apr 2014
                      • Melbourne

This is my solution. I did not raise my storage draws. I made myself a 3 draw unit, includes fridge slide on top shelf and even a slide out prep shelf.
                      I made them less deep by 300mm and it allows me to store fuel cans or other stuff against the door, and still get access to the area for easy removal of stuff, recovery gear, tarps, jack and second battery.
                      I may get around to putting in side wings at some stage but suits me fine for the moment. I store tools in them when not traveling.
                      Photo attached.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Pajjy_McPajington
                        • Jul 2016
                        • Adelaide

Nice tinkering.

Comment

• denmonkey
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Newcastle NSW

Have a squizz at the drifta ones.

I was just checking them out last night.

A bit exy but might give you some ideas if you don't wish to spend that sort of coin

This is the Pajero package...includes our most popular drawer system and features, and is specially designed to fit and work in this truck. Cargo barriers and fridge slides also available... Price Includes: 2 drawer with table unit Side wing KIT All installation hardware Cut outs in the base for access…

They have access to the underneath storage but looks like you'd need to pull the drawers to get to it. could be a pita.

I'm only planning on setting up a spare battery and maybe the compressor under there if I can route the air through the floor. so access would be minimal but there if you needed it.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X