• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

As others have said, in case of emergency, I don't want anybody playing silly buggers with my phone. Deal with the farkin' emergency!

Once the emergency is over, then start trying to figure out who I am. Worst case, take the SIM out of my locked or broken phone, stick it in another phone and ask the service provider who owns the number.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• ronniewilliams
      • Jun 2011
      • Australia

Having ICE number in your mobile phone is really a good idea but what about those people who lock there phones with some security codes

Comment

• Almighty_Paj
        • May 2011
        • Browns Plains - Brisbane

Anyone remember the old medic alert pendant?

A little more effective than just an ICE, your whole medical history available immediately inc. if you're you know diabetic, allergic to a particular medicine etc etc.

Your opinion wrex?
        My Rides;
        --------------------
        1984 NB Pajero 2.6L Astron SWB
        1986 NC Pajero 2.6L Astron LWB

Comment

• Honky
          • Nov 2007
          • dubbo

Most if not all business phones would have a password protection.

Honky

Comment

• Wrex
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2007
            • Perth

Yep we always check the medic alert bracelets/necklaces bloody good idea.

Comment

• S.Mac
              • Nov 2008
              • Adelaide, SA

I thought that this was s great idea when I first read it a fair while back, but got sick if the misses name coming up as ICE in my phone when she rang - I then thought, hang on, this phone is locked anyway, and I doubted whether an Ambo would sit there looking through my phone if I lay bleeding, as even if the Ambo did get through to the misses, what can she do to help over the phone besides freak out?

Comment

• adrian
                • Oct 2011
                • Australia

My wife walks around with a medi alert bracelet, she's allergic to seafood and some medications. All emergency info is recorded so no one needs to check phone. I have the ICE in my phone and am considering getting a bracelet with my emergency details on it "just in case"

Adrian
                Adventure before Dementia
                Money pit #1 2000 NM 3.5lt Auto, HID spotlight conversion.
                Money pit #2 2001 Holden Jackaroo

Comment

• mudlova
                  • May 2015
                  • australia

Hi Sorry to jump in, however I feel I should add a good app for a smart phones is the "Emergency +" app (Iphone and Android) it provides a fairly accurate location of your phone as well as GPS coordinates. It is handy to have as you may be in a location your not fimilar with and it will provide you all the details to inform the 000 Operator of your location and make the process of locating you much easier and quicker.
                  No longer own a Pajero

Comment

• shemdeb
                    • Mar 2011
                    • Geelong, Victoria

Would the authorities possibly think that ICE may be the number of your dealer
                    NK 3.5 l dohc gls manual, Dual battery, Winch, Reverse Camera, Lots of wear and tear, Slow leak in right hand rear tyre.

NT 3.2 l MY09 DiD gls auto, Dual Battery,ARB Winch Bar (winch to come) Reverse Camera, Roof Racks with "Thule" pod, Airbag suspension, Fridge Slide, Fridge, UHF, Bush Skinz, Anderson plug.

Comment

• JoshF
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • Brisbane

Having read this thread from the start it is obvious that many people know very little about their phone and what is an international convention for access.

I do understand first responders may not care but second level care probably does.

I use an android as an example

Turn on the phone, it will lock as usual if that is how the owner configured it. Please note every GSM phone is enabled to call emergency services whether locked or not, whether a SIM is in the phone or not; as long as it can connect to a network (any of the networks are used)

From the front screen select the 'Emergency Call' function, enter the phone number required 000 or 112 and call away, or select the contact button and call one of the listed contacts

The phone will only allow you to dial an emergency services number or a pre-register ICE number, unless you can unlock the phone.

To add a user to the ICE list, open up the contacts app on your phone and add users to the 'Priority Contact List'. The PCL is the one displayed as your ICE list when you access the 'Emergency Call' function on the initial screen whether locked or not.
                      NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
                      Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• GHendo
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2012
                        • Northern NSW

That's good to know Josh - I must give that a try. I was wondering how the ambos etc. would locate the ICE number if your phone was locked and you were incommunicado.

Cheers

Geoff
                        03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X