• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nebbian
    • Dec 2019
    • Margaret River

Factory Alloy bullbar Light bar mounts

Hi all,

I've been trying to find a LED lightbar that can fit the factory mounting holes in my factory alloy bullbar. Every single one I've found simply won't fit, there just isn't enough clearance for the light bar or mounts if you use the factory holes.

What are the point of those holes, if you can't use them??

And also -- who has mounted a LED light bar on the factory alloy bullbar, and how did you do it?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    2013 Pajero VRX with factory alloy bullbar and towbar.
  • mr_bosman
    • Oct 2014
    • Warrnambool

Yep, will post a photo up tonight
    2012 NW Platinum Auto 3.2DiD, Colour Ironbark, with lots of other bits .......
    http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=42467

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

What is the distance between the holes?
      What is the distance from the hole to the face of the grille?
      How much money do you want to spend?

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• paceman
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2018
        • Mackay

the 28" STEDI light bar i installed has adjustable mounting brackets...
        Paceman's NT Pajero

Comment

• Seigried
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2016
          • brisbane

Im facing the same problem. Im going to make an adapter plate...hopefully.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• paceman
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2018
            • Mackay

based on the information provided, i would have thought the following bar would fit...

Our all-new ST4K™ 22 Inch is integrated with 40 of OSRAM’s® finest OSLON® LEDs, for a combination of 8 Flood + 24 Spot + 8 Flood reflector distribution forms. Expect a remarkable beam that pushes the wide beam out at 50° and spot beam at 5.8° all the way to staggering 1 lux @ 663m. 
            Paceman's NT Pajero

Comment

• nebbian
              • Dec 2019
              • Margaret River

Originally posted by paceman View Post
              based on the information provided, i would have thought the following bar would fit...

https://www.stedi.com.au/st4k-22-inc...light-bar.html
              You'd think so, however when I emailed Stedi a few weeks ago asking them about this exact bar, they replied that I need around 40mm behind the centre of the bolt. I've only got around 32mm (it's not that easy to measure, as the grille is curved, and fouls in one particular place).

Comment

• dc80
                • Jan 2019
                • Perth

I ordered the Stedi 28" ST4K (https://www.stedi.com.au/st4k-28-inc...light-bar.html) over the weekend for installation on a genuine NX nudge bar. Happy to take measurements if you like once I receive it to see if it will suit your bar. Pity you're not up in Perth otherwise I'd be happy to show you before installing.

Just on a final note the only way I knew it would fit is from another Pajero owner that did a customer review on the lightbar and posted pics like this one: https://cdn-yotpo-images-production....jpg?1542766522
                2016 NX GLS MY16 | MMA towbar | Boo's bash plates | ProVent 200 catch can | 2" Lovells MD (F+R) + Bilsteins | Stedi 28" ST4K | Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/60R18 | Yokohama Geolandar G015 LT265/70R17 | iDRIVE | Redarc Tow Pro Elite | Nautia switch panel

Comment

• tripod_12
                  • Apr 2018
                  • Port Neill

Factory Alloy bullbar Light bar mounts

I have fitted a STEDI 21.5" double row light bar with three solid adjustable mounting brackets. I used the existing holes plus drilled extra holes for the third mount.
                  I can highly recommend the light bar, great light spread and "daylight" colour. Not the bluish tinge of many LED bars. I could not be happier.
                  PS comes with loom, relay, fitting instructions and switch.
                  Last edited by tripod_12; 17-02-20, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• old Jack
                    Regular
                    • Jun 2011
                    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Lightforce single row combo beam 20" with optional sliding base mounts will fit, the sliding mounts are offset so they can be fitted so the back edge of the light bar is only about 10mm rear of the centre of the mounting holes but it then protrudes 80mm forwards of the mounting holes. Maximum distance between mounting holes needs to be 430mm or less. Overall width is 590mm and height is 65mm, weight 1.3kg so this is a slim compact lightweight led light bar that outperforms much bigger lights.
                    Defy darkness with advanced automotive lighting solutions tailored for tough Aussie conditions. Shop sport, work, hunting and car high performance lights of unsurpassed quality.

Problem is price, at $500 including slide mounts, they are not cheap.

For the same price you can get a pair of Strikers, they are a much larger light that can be fitted with almost zero rearward overhang and they outperform the 20" single row.
                    Defy darkness with advanced automotive lighting solutions tailored for tough Aussie conditions. Shop sport, work, hunting and car high performance lights of unsurpassed quality.

OJ.
                    Last edited by old Jack; 17-02-20, 06:01 PM.
                    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Dicko1
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by tripod_12 View Post
                      I have fitted a STEDI 21.5" double row light bar with three solid adjustable mounting brackets. I used the existing holes plus drilled extra holes for the third mount.
                      I can highly recommend the light bar, great light spread and "daylight" colour. Not the bluish tinge of many LED bars. I could not be happier.

I,ll second the Stedi. Great value for the price. Fits the standard MM steel bar ..no problems.
                      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• nebbian
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Margaret River

Originally posted by tripod_12 View Post
                        That's the ticket. Perfect! That should fit with no problems.

Do you find that it's too bright? Also was it hard to drill the extra holes? Do you need all 6 mounting bolts?

Any chance of a picture of it installed?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm really keen to hear your thoughts on this one.

Comment

• Keithyv
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2018
                          • Perth

Originally posted by nebbian View Post
                          What are the point of those holes, if you can't use them??

Thanks in advance.
                          Hole spacing probably comes from a time in the past where LED light bars did not exist!
                          Certainly 2 old school spotlights fix just fine on my NW nudge bar.
                          Funny though, was just thinking on the weekend I must swap to a light bar!
                          2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                          MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Two Emms
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2020
                            • Mansfield, Vic

I fitted a single row Stedi light bar to my factory alloy bar. Not impressed with the look of the double rows. Personal taste i guess. And from memory they were a little deeper and I was concerned it would stick out too far forward. The single row is only 5mm off the grille at the back but protrudes about 10-15mm in front of the bar.
                            I had to drill the bar but it was pretty easy. Just make sure where you drill isn't where a rib runs on the inside.
                            The bar looks neat and tidy and it lights up the road plenty good enough for me. Stedi make a quality item. I like the bar but the plug and play connection is just the icing on the cake. So easy.
                            Spend another 20 on fleabay and get a switch to fit the dash. The Stedi switches are nothing special in the looks department
                            Attached Files
                            2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• nebbian
                              • Dec 2019
                              • Margaret River

Originally posted by Two Emms View Post
                              I fitted a single row Stedi light bar to my factory alloy bar. Not impressed with the look of the double rows. Personal taste i guess. And from memory they were a little deeper and I was concerned it would stick out too far forward. The single row is only 5mm off the grille at the back but protrudes about 10-15mm in front of the bar.
                              I had to drill the bar but it was pretty easy. Just make sure where you drill isn't where a rib runs on the inside.
                              The bar looks neat and tidy and it lights up the road plenty good enough for me. Stedi make a quality item. I like the bar but the plug and play connection is just the icing on the cake. So easy.
                              Spend another 20 on fleabay and get a switch to fit the dash. The Stedi switches are nothing special in the looks department
                              Hi Two Emms,

That looks great, and is similar to what I'm after. I don't need a police searchlight, just a bit more spread and distance to catch kangaroos before they jump out in front of me.

Can you please let me know which Stedi bar you chose?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X