• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • itsamitsi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2015
    • Hervey Bay Queensland

Clear coming off.

Bit annoyed with the clear coat on the Challenger. I and the boss are quite vigilant on the bird sh!t on the car which usually gets washed off pronto. She parked it under some tree's last week and it got what looked to be some type of tree flowers all over the car and felt like it too. No worries I'll wash it properly on the weekend for me to find these after I washed it. Don't know what it was but it ate the paint good...
    Attached Files
    Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by itsamitsi View Post
    Bit annoyed with the clear coat on the Challenger. I and the boss are quite vigilant on the bird sh!t on the car which usually gets washed off pronto. She parked it under some tree's last week and it got what looked to be some type of tree flowers all over the car and felt like it too. No worries I'll wash it properly on the weekend for me to find these after I washed it. Don't know what it was but it ate the paint good...

guess you should have gotten the paint protection

NB the paint on the Mitsi's is a bit on the thin side ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• pb4x2
      • May 2015
      • Deception Bay Qld 4508

Originally posted by itsamitsi View Post
      Which is exactly why I chose white for both my Challenger and Triton as it does not have a clear coat. I have yet to see an accident repair where the painter has matched the metallic paint to the original perfectly.
      2012 PB Challenger 4x2 auto

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

• NFT5
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Canberra

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
        guess you should have gotten the paint protection

NB the paint on the Mitsi's is a bit on the thin side ...

It is a bit thin. Ok, very thin. But the paint protection is a waste of time and money - would never have stopped an acid burn like that anyway.

Originally posted by pb4x2 View Post
        Which is exactly why I chose white for both my Challenger and Triton as it does not have a clear coat. I have yet to see an accident repair where the painter has matched the metallic paint to the original perfectly.

White is 2K and even thinner than the clear over base.

Insurance companies and many customers won't always pay for blending into adjacent panel. With a blend done properly you should never be able to see any difference in the colour. It is possible to do blends even on difficult colours, 3 layer pearls and candies. Painting edge to edge will almost never be successful - even with a paint that is an exact match the temperature, humidity, gun settings or painter technique may be different and enough to make it come out slightly different.
        Chris

Comment

• itsamitsi
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2015
          • Hervey Bay Queensland

Yeah paint protection is a waste of money. The modern car paint is crap and very thin. I'm surprised it was only those 2 spots as what ever it was all over the car I only found those 2 spots on the same RH front guard which is interesting
          Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X