• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fun510
    • Feb 2010
    • Port Stephens NSW

Originally posted by russ1 View Post
    Fun510, great looking truck. Without changing this subject, I see you have roof lights on your rack. How did you get the wiring to them?
    Regards,
    Yep - Had an OLD (mid 90s) set of hella comet 500s laying around so thought why not make a frame to adapt it to the roof plate. Our holiday (starts tomorrow night will involve some beach fishiing so lights could be handy!

Made the frame up.
    Mounted the lights.
    Mounted the Frame to the roof plate
    Put the roof plate on the car.
    Then........

How the F*#K do I get wires up there?

Ended up just wedging it under the windscreen molding on the passenger side. I did not want anything permanent, as the roof plate will only be used occasionally. 1/2 dozen cable ties to hold everything in place in the engine bay and I was done.

My roof light relay is directly triggered by my main driving light circuit. As such I took the fuse out of the roof light power supply. I will only put it back in off road.
    My hope is that if any officer decides to pull me over, I can demonstrate that they cannot be turned on from in the cabin and thus are truly for off road use only.

I have two small rear led lights to, but I plug them in as required. Would have liked to connect them to reverse lights, but again with such limited use planned I did not feel it was worth the effort to do anything too fancy.
    2010 MY10 Challenger 5spd Manual - ARB Front Bar, Baysie Bash Plates, King Springs & Bilsteins, Rhino Trade Bars & ARB awning, Home Made Storage System, GME Radio, Tows Trackabout Camper. MTZ285/70/17 on 17x8 Kings (Off Road) and ATZ265/70/17 on factory alloys (On Road)

Comment

• russ1
      • Feb 2011
      • adelaide

Great detailed reply, I was thinking about the side moulding for the wiring but hoping for a better way of doing it..there isnt without punching a hole in the roof so will follow your advice and now mount a 20" lightbar on my windcheetah rack. Hopefully there is no glare across the bonnet. Thanks again.

Comment

• Marty V
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2008
        • Cranbourne, Vic

That looks mint Fun510...

Comment

• 4wd26
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Bayside, Brisbane & Stradie

got the 34" simex on today- flexing up to see clearances.
          surprised to find they fit with no rubbing

love it when a plan comes together
          ML triton with some accessories
          National E Trek Libary
          Getting Out There

Comment

• 02-SR5
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2010
            • Toowoomba

Looks good mate, what did you to make them fit?

Rob
            MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• 4wd26
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by 02-SR5 View Post
              Looks good mate, what did you to make them fit?

Rob
              the tyres are narrow, and offset rims +15
              had to remove the bottom part of the mudflap- and everything was fine.
              was expecting to have to cut some of the plastic inner lining and maybe bend the pinch weld, but so far (I went for a little wheel) clearence was fine.

These tyres are 32x9.5"
              but they measure 849mm diameter- taller than a 33" which measure 833mm
              32x9.5-16" or 245/85-16"
              rim size 6.5-8.5 (in my case 16x7 ET+15 prado 90 series alloys)
              load rating 110N (not legal on a triton) but these are wheeling tyres, second set
              diameter 849mm
              width = 268mm
              National E Trek Libary
              Getting Out There

Comment

• 4wd26
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007

Fitted them today- no requirement for any trimming of the plastic 8-)
                How good is that

loaded up the front as much as I could and checked clearances.

Wheeling a bit later I found that they touched on the front of the guard-plastic shroud, in a area that I hadn't thought- below the ARB bullbar- washerbottle. Need to tie it a bit further forward.
                Other wise all good.
                National E Trek Libary
                Getting Out There

Comment

• cate03
                  • Jun 2010
                  • Sydney

Hmmm....Tyre Profile possibly not suited for us....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Carl

Comment

• 4wd26
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2007

proper day of wheeling- no rubbing = happy days.

but sometimes you need even bigger tyres (or a front locker)

National E Trek Libary
                    Getting Out There

Comment

• Black Challenger
                      • Nov 2010
                      • Perth

Had some Coopper ST Maxx 285/70/17's put on the factory rims last week. The transformation of the car was amazing, smoother ride, no noise, no rubbing and no wheel shake. Did the same trip on the weekend down south and ran the same fuel figures. No negatives to report, only positives. Crawled up a rocky step up section on the Gallows track which all fourbys I saw went around. The Challenger loves the ST Maxx and I love the capabilities of the Challenger.
                      Attached Files
                      2010 LS PB Challenger, Black Mica, 5 Sp Auto, ARB Colour Coded Deluxe Bar, ARB Underbody Protection Panels, IPF 900 Extreme Series Lights, IPF Clear Covers, ARB Fog Lights, GME TX3340 UHF Radio, GME AE4018 Aerial, Old Man Emu Coils and Old Man Emu Nitro Charger Sport Shocks, Cooper ST Maxx 285/70/17 Tires, 3M Black Window Tint, Rhino-Rack Sportz Rail Bars SX B2, Rhino-Rack Steel Mesh Platform Rack, Ironman 4 x4 Awning, 40L Engel, ARB Fridge Slide, BRC Extended Diff Breathers, HR Towbar.

Comment

• rwo
                        • Nov 2011
                        • NSW

Originally posted by Black Challenger View Post
                        Had some Coopper ST Maxx 285/70/17's put on the factory rims last week. The transformation of the car was amazing, smoother ride, no noise, no rubbing and no wheel shake. Did the same trip on the weekend down south and ran the same fuel figures. No negatives to report, only positives. Crawled up arocky step up section on the Gallows track which all fourbys I saw went around. The Challenger loves the ST Maxx and I love the capabilities of the Challenger.
                        Those pics look great. Is that a 30th anniversary challenger?

Edit: Scratch that, i just read your sig that says its a 2010 model so it must be an xls then.
                        Last edited by rwo; 29-11-11, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Black Challenger
                          • Nov 2010
                          • Perth

Nah, its not the XLS just the LS, the LS in 2010 came out with all of the extras except upgraded stereo, reverse camera and leather etc. I have been looking at all of the model options now available, makes life hard to get our head around it. Best thing I can say about the car is the diff lock, it is a must. Makes life so much easier and smoother
                          2010 LS PB Challenger, Black Mica, 5 Sp Auto, ARB Colour Coded Deluxe Bar, ARB Underbody Protection Panels, IPF 900 Extreme Series Lights, IPF Clear Covers, ARB Fog Lights, GME TX3340 UHF Radio, GME AE4018 Aerial, Old Man Emu Coils and Old Man Emu Nitro Charger Sport Shocks, Cooper ST Maxx 285/70/17 Tires, 3M Black Window Tint, Rhino-Rack Sportz Rail Bars SX B2, Rhino-Rack Steel Mesh Platform Rack, Ironman 4 x4 Awning, 40L Engel, ARB Fridge Slide, BRC Extended Diff Breathers, HR Towbar.

Comment

• Challenged2010
                            • Jul 2010
                            • Naracoorte, SA

Originally posted by Black Challenger View Post
                            Had some Coopper ST Maxx 285/70/17's put on the factory rims last week. The transformation of the car was amazing, smoother ride, no noise, no rubbing and no wheel shake. Did the same trip on the weekend down south and ran the same fuel figures. No negatives to report, only positives. Crawled up a rocky step up section on the Gallows track which all fourbys I saw went around. The Challenger loves the ST Maxx and I love the capabilities of the Challenger.
                            They look awesome!! Well done What was the damage?
                            Dave
                            2010 Silver Challenger LS auto, ARB Deluxe Bar, EDS full length custom bash plates, Airtek Snorkel, Narva 225 broad beam kit with HID conversion, 2" lift with OME suspension, Yokohama Geolandar AT-S 265-65-17

Comment

• Black Challenger
                              • Nov 2010
                              • Perth

Perth price $460.00 a tyre

Got prices for all the brands and models in the 285's, Cooper, BFG, Pro Comp, Mikey T, and all the rest. In some cases there was like a dollar difference between brands.

Went for what I know, and read a few write ups on the new ST Maxx which helped out. Got a free annual subscription to 4WD Action, gloves and multitool as a show special through Tyrepower at the recent 4wd show in Perth for purchasing the four treads.

Comment

• 02-SR5
                                Valued Member
                                • Dec 2010
                                • Toowoomba

Black,

mate, did you do the spare too? I am running a 265/70/17 and it just fits with some juggling when I wind it up with a H/R tow bar.

The car looks hot too,

Rob
                                MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X