X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D4Dazz
    • Jan 2010

When Am I Supposed To..."Love That Car"

Well I've had the Challenger now for just on 5 months and travelled a meer 12,000K's. This is my first ever Mitz 4wd after previously owning 2 Prado 120's. I just at the point where I'm asking myself when am I supposed to "love that car"?

Week 1 - Blue Tooth not muting stero. Problem dodgy Blue Tooth module.

Week 3 - Constant boiling and over heating of the radiator. Problem dodgy therostat.

Last Week - while returning from a week in Coffs, travelling down the hume highway just north of Seymor at 9.30 at night towing my Jayco camper and pop....no power. Early diagnosis was blown turbo, but ended up being just a hose blown off the back of the intercooler.

No after sitting on the side of the Hume Highway in country Victoria, with my 3 year old and 10 month old from 9.45pm until approx 1am...the lovely lady at Mitz Customner Service tells me I'm not cover for a loan car........total bullshit!

So after having my car and caravan towed back to my home I climbed into bed at 4am. The next morning I had to arrange another tow truck to my local Mitz dealer.....then irony set in! While standing in the pouring rain unloading my Challenger and looked down at what was I wearing? The Toyota Racing Team jacket my Totota dealer gave me when I bought my first Prado.

To their credit both the Service Dept and the Fleet Manager at my local dealer have been nothing short of fantastic. MMA Customer Service are a total joke.
    2010 LS Manual Challenger, Charcol, Arb Deluxe Winch Bar, Color Coded with Fog Lights, Magnum 9000lb Winch, Factory Cargo Barrier and Tow Bar, Cooper ST's 265/17R/17's.
  • evileerf
    • Oct 2010
    • Australia(+61)

MMA Customer Service are a total joke

I am afraid I have to agree. MMA seem to have no idea about brand loyalty and building a foundation of commitment with new car buyers. They will need a serious shift in attitude if they wish to remain in Australia as a serious vehicle importer. Selling a new car is one thing but maintaining customer support and loyalty is something IMO they dont seem to understand the fundamentals. My experience is the likes of Hyundai, Holden and Toyota run rings around them

Comment

• WogsRus
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2008
      • Hobart Tasmania

likewise, suzuki australia, fantastic.
      HAD 2007 NS GLX Pajero, 3.8L grunt, ex Cop,

NOW 50th Anniversary Simpson Edition Poootrol wit some fruit

"Speed doesn't kill. It's the sudden stop at the end"
      "Live everyday as if it was your last, and some day it will"

Comment

• simoncurly
        • Jul 2007
        • Adelaide SA

Where is the Challenger built?

Comment

• David Anderson
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2007
          • Albury

Originally posted by simoncurly View Post
          Where is the Challenger built?
          Thailand..

That's pretty crap service Dazza.
          09 NT GL manual.

www.twigwater.com - My fly fishing blog.

http://www.dsaphoto.com

Comment

• Richo-NT
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2009
            • Brisbane

Sounds like you've had a pretty bad run! Seems incredible that so many problems seem to have struck your car when other Challenger owners seem to have avoided trouble so far.

Hope the problems are rectified properly mate.
            2009 NT Pajero GLX 3.2 Auto - Sold

Comment

• dultim8
              • Feb 2010

I have to agree also.
              I now have had 3 Mitsubishi's so far. First one was a 2003 Triton. Within weeks of taking it home there was a problem with the gearbox. Turns out it needed a new one, so what they did was take my car off the road for 2 weeks, no loan car or anything, and then installed a re-conditioned gearbox. Not a new one. I couldnt believe it.
              Once installed it was all fine but i think that just goes to show how MMA are.
              Its like they dont want to go out of their way to help customers.

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Peakhurst, Sydney

MMA or the dealer?

Originally posted by dultim8 View Post
                I have to agree also.
                I now have had 3 Mitsubishi's so far. First one was a 2003 Triton. Within weeks of taking it home there was a problem with the gearbox. Turns out it needed a new one, so what they did was take my car off the road for 2 weeks, no loan car or anything, and then installed a re-conditioned gearbox. Not a new one. I couldnt believe it.
                Once installed it was all fine but i think that just goes to show how MMA are.
                Its like they dont want to go out of their way to help customers.
                You need to be careful about blaming MMA, when poor service should be attributed to the dealership involved. After all they are really franchises who are looking after their own interests!
                If there is something you're not happy about, perhaps you should go above their head & contact MMA directly.

Cheers
                Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
                "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• BigBloke65
                  • Aug 2010
                  • SA

Sorry to hear about the bad run there. My experiences with the local dealer and MMA nationally are positive so far.
                  PB Challenger LS Auto 5 seat (White) / Bridgestone D694 AT's / Window Tint / Hayman Reece Towbar / Prodigy brake controller / Factory cargo barrier / DIY False floor / ARB Deluxe Bar / Rear view camera / UHF radio / roof mounted DVD 11 inch screen / Bushskinz protection plates complete set / Extra set of wheels Dueller H/T / OME front springs 0-50kg / OME back springs 0-50kg

Comment

• WogsRus
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2008
                    • Hobart Tasmania

When my engine had to be rebuilt and took 3 weeks i requested, VERY STRONGLY, to have a loan car and MMA orgornised one at their cost, so if you ask, and percis, they will budge.
                    HAD 2007 NS GLX Pajero, 3.8L grunt, ex Cop,

NOW 50th Anniversary Simpson Edition Poootrol wit some fruit

"Speed doesn't kill. It's the sudden stop at the end"
                    "Live everyday as if it was your last, and some day it will"

Comment

• D4Dazz
                      • Jan 2010

Lets not get confussed here the guys at my local dealership have exceptionally helpful. My issue is with MMA and their lack of customer service. So to ther person who suggested I should careful....I have nothing but critism for MMA at present. I guess time will tell once thos issue is elevated!
                      2010 LS Manual Challenger, Charcol, Arb Deluxe Winch Bar, Color Coded with Fog Lights, Magnum 9000lb Winch, Factory Cargo Barrier and Tow Bar, Cooper ST's 265/17R/17's.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X