Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 18-10-10
Valued Member

Yes looks just like mine. The area with the gap into the engine bay could be fixed fairly easy, you could replace the rubber over the whole area in one piece. I used to do that for the Range Rover, it had gaps twice that size, never seemed to worry it. I have no idea what it looked like before the bar as I did not look at it when we did the test drives.

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.
Old 19-10-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasarangie View Post
You had me thinking about that one, so just went out and checked with the trailer. There is no micro switch in the plug, it does not disconnect when the plug is inserted.

So as a last resort I read the "Reverse Parking Assist Manual". And found the answer. On the buzzer is a manual switch. This has 3 settings, Loud, Soft and off, a bit of an antique way of doing things but it works. My buzzer is located beside the jack, switch full forward is off and full back is loud.

Hope that helps with your problem.

Let me know if you don't have the manual and I can scan it off for you.

Chris
Hi Chris,

Thanks for that, I'm still waiting for the 'manual' from the dealer, pita that it doesn't turn off when trailer plugged in. I'll see what HR Towbars come back with as well.

Cheers,
Carl
Old 19-10-10
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cate03 View Post
Hi Chris,

Thanks for that, I'm still waiting for the 'manual' from the dealer, pita that it doesn't turn off when trailer plugged in. I'll see what HR Towbars come back with as well.

Cheers,
Carl
Let us know what they say. I am interested to find out as well.

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.
Old 26-10-10

Hi wasarangie,
are you getting any fouling from the 256/70 MTZ's? I'm looking to put some 265/70 ATZ's under mine with the sahara bar on, but will keep mine on full time. REason I ask is that a friend just put slightly larger tyres on his hilux and ripped all his guards off last week.
Ta
Old 26-10-10
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop View Post
Hi wasarangie,
are you getting any fouling from the 256/70 MTZ's? I'm looking to put some 265/70 ATZ's under mine with the sahara bar on, but will keep mine on full time. REason I ask is that a friend just put slightly larger tyres on his hilux and ripped all his guards off last week.
Ta
Hi Snoop,
There was a little fouling on the left side. After looking into it I found that the inner guard was a little longer than the right side. So a small trim and using Ballfyboy's suggestion of a cable tie to hold the guard away a little further, there has not been any further issues. I would say that it would most likely not rip out the guard, as it was only just catching the guard enough to hear a faint sound when the tread blocks hit it, and the wheel was on full right lock.