Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 12-10-10

Guys,

can someone tell me what they get when they drive a PB Challenger around city driving, no highway long trips etc just sitting
in traffic and dropping of kids at school etc, doing the grocery shopping etc Think you get my drift, just trying to see
if we are using way too much or if its normal for stop start short trips around the city in traffic. 14L/100km is our average
currently with no HIGHWAY driving.
Old 12-10-10

We get around 12 - 12.5 in normal city driving, (auto XLS)
Old 12-10-10

In my LS auto I get about around 12 to 13 for normal around town driving, short trips etc...
'Charlie the Challenger' - 2010 LS, Charcoal Grey, Auto, XROX Front Bar, Runva 11XP Winch, Narva 225s, eBay LED Bar, Dual Optima D34's with Redarc Solenoid and Deep-cycle off Cteck Dual 250s, Maxxis Bighorns 285/75 R16 on Hummer H3 rims, Raised King Springs, BushSkinz Bash Plates, BushSkinz Sliders, Custom Roof Platform, Custom Boot (with Drawers, Fridge Slide, Water Tank/Pump/Tap) Air Horn, UHF, 2500watt Inverter, ScanGuage, HR Towbar, Stereo Upgrade, Tint and Sheep Skin Seat Covers.
Old 12-10-10

Hi Pavloh I have been getting 12.4 around town consistently over multiple fills. I have been using the manual readout of the average fuel economy calculator in the car and also a full tank to full tank / distance calculation of my own. By the way the readout is proving to be within 0.1 litres/100kms of my own calculations. I have checked the speedo accuracy with 2 GPS systems and found it to be optimistic by 2.5 KM/hour on factory tires.
Mine is an LS auto and one thing I have noticed is that light or heavy on the pedal does not dramaticlly change the economy.
PB LS Challenger Auto 5 Seater , Tinted windows, H/R Towbar, ECB Big Tube polished bull bar, Tekonsha Prodigy, Rhino roof racks, CTEK DC-DC dual battery system and battery mounted on a false floor, GME TX-3340 80 Channel UHF CB, Bushskinz protection plates, Narva Ultima 175's Combo, Way too many GPS systems (Magellan 600 Explorist, TomTom running Hema Maps, Laptop/GPS mouse running Oziexplorer and Hema / Garmin Topo V3) + Android Tablet/Copilot, Chipit System.
Old 12-10-10

Mine is a manual, but i am generally around the 9-9.5/100 (by calculation) around town and i don't drive like a nanna either, in fact it seems the harder i push it the better it gets, i generally get about 670km's before the light comes on and it takes about 60L to refill.

Cheers,
Dan.

www.danielallenphotography.com
Old 12-10-10

Yeah I've got the manual as well and getting similar figures (~ 9L/100km). Interestingly, my last tank, which involved some long distance driving, gave me 810 km and it took 60 L to fill the tank. I was pleased with those figures!
Old 13-10-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy A View Post
Yeah I've got the manual as well and getting similar figures (~ 9L/100km). Interestingly, my last tank, which involved some long distance driving, gave me 810 km and it took 60 L to fill the tank. I was pleased with those figures!
Mine is very similar to Andy approx 9, and can get lower around town then increases on highway, but all up great range.
regards
Jimsiron
Old 13-10-10
Valued Member

Those sought of numbers make the V6 in the paj look frugal.

NOW 50th Anniversary Simpson Edition Poootrol wit some fruit

"Speed doesn't kill. It's the sudden stop at the end"
"Live everyday as if it was your last, and some day it will"
Old 13-10-10

I've got an auto LS and have been getting 12.3 to 12.7 over the last three weeks (fill to fill). That's all peak hour city driving, around 45km/day. The best so far was 11.5 for a week which included a short 160km highway run with ARB roof rack basket on. Vehicle has been pretty much empty with just me in it the whole time.

Paul
Old 13-10-10

They really need to do something about the auto with its power and fuel consumption. I was keen for a challenger but would not consider until both have been addressed. I get 10.5 out of the paj in all city driving mostly peak.

"Don't argue with an Idiot
They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

2009 NT GLX 3.2 DiD Auto, Ironbark, MM Alloy Bull Bar, TJM Classique Side Steps, Fogs, GME TX3440 UHF, Dual Battery, Pajero Sports Roof Racks, DIY Rear Storage, Fridge, Tint, Tow, and loviin it.

Considering Mods; OME Sports Suspension, Snorkel