Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 06-10-10

Piranah did my dual battery system late in August, and it is very tight in the engine bay. My only issue with the job was that the hose from the intercooler actually touches the corner of the cranking battery but i managed to squeeze a bit of thin carpet between & lock it down with a cable tie, have hopefully attached some pix but unsure if they made it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010_1006batteriesx20013 (Small).JPG (69.3 KB, 315 views)
File Type: jpg 2010_1006batteriesx20015 (Small).JPG (57.0 KB, 250 views)
Mitsubishi Challenger PB,2010 manual, Terra Rossa colour, BFG A/T tyres, dual battery system. OE bullbar, OE cargo barrier, Prorack roof crossbars & roof basket, HR towbar, IPF driving lights. GME UHF, Telstra ZTE handsfree "rural phone" with hi-gain aerial, custom storage system, Firestone Coil-Rite air lifts.Safari snorkel.
Towing Goldstream 12' Mini off-road pop-top van.

Last edited by silveroado; 06-10-10 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-10-10

Thanks for the pics, so there is an actual battery tray etc to suit the car that can be bought off the shelf of they made it up custom for you?
Old 08-10-10

I don't really know, they replaced the OE traybox (plastic) with a new one piece metal tray (looks like zincalume treated)-mine was the 2nd or 3rd Challenger they had done plus a couple of late model Tritons, so assume the have the right size trays to suit.
Mitsubishi Challenger PB,2010 manual, Terra Rossa colour, BFG A/T tyres, dual battery system. OE bullbar, OE cargo barrier, Prorack roof crossbars & roof basket, HR towbar, IPF driving lights. GME UHF, Telstra ZTE handsfree "rural phone" with hi-gain aerial, custom storage system, Firestone Coil-Rite air lifts.Safari snorkel.
Towing Goldstream 12' Mini off-road pop-top van.
Old 11-10-10

Just spoken to Pirahna Offroad and they confirmed they have a tray instock which is great news. It fits the factory battery and a 12inch battery on a single tray apparently. Just wanted some opinions in terms of pricing $214+1$16.50 delivery. Seem a bit steep for a metal tray, is there any other options or is this sort of damage normal for this item?
Old 11-10-10

Yep, you are missing something. The second battery is black and sits behind the primary battery. If you look carefully you can see the terminals and the black nylon rope handles.