Below Nav Bar

Collapse

What did you do to your Challenger today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeep1943
    • Jan 2018
    • Adelaide

Not quite today, but two weeks ago I went out to look at nudge bars for my PB.
    I managed to stuck behind a Taxi on Salisbury Hwy, driver and two passengers, and the rear passenger kept looking my way. Taxi would all of a sudden take his foot of the pedal and slow down, I would back off, then he would accelerate again.
    This went on all the way to Saints Rd where all of a sudden he slammed on the brakes. i managed to stop and then he took off. I should have waken up at this point.
    He continued doing the same coming up to Kings Rd. I looked to the right to see if I could get around him and as I looked forward he had started slowing. The light went amber and he hit the brakes (this all happened in a couple of seconds). I wrenched the steering wheel to the right and ended up rear ending a Hyundai IX35.
    The bloody taxi then accelerated away. I had his number but in the ensuing commotion forgot it.
    Blame myself for this.
    So today I went to the Crash Repairers to see what they have found. Unfortunate waiting for a phone call as no one was available.
    I believe besides front panel damage, the radiator and intercooler ended up rather bent. The engine light came on after I restarted the engine to move the vehicle.
    Beware Taxi drivers!
    Next buy: Nudge bar and a dash cam.
    Waynne
    __________________________________________________ ________
    2009 PB XLS (stock as far as I know)
    __________________________________________________ ________

Comment

• PeePee
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2012
      • Brisbane

Sorry to hear that mate, I have a dash cam in my other cars but not the Challenger. Think I will go get one very soon. Would save a lot of hassle
      MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.

Comment

• itsamitsi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2015
        • Hervey Bay Queensland

Can recommend the Penrite FS for the Challenger Auto. Nice shifts towing and not. The harsh gear changes with the converter locked have now gone. Will now do the P/S with it too.
        Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• PeterC51
          • Dec 2015
          • Melbourne

Penrite FS

Originally posted by itsamitsi View Post
          Can recommend the Penrite FS for the Challenger Auto. Nice shifts towing and not. The harsh gear changes with the converter locked have now gone. Will now do the P/S with it too.

Good info Paul. May need to consider this for mine.
          Peter
          MY10 PB XLS auto, MML alloy bullbar, Dobinsons suspension 2" lift, Bushskinz plates, ARB aluminium roof rack, 2nd battery in rear guard, MML towbar, BFG A/T tyres, Clearview mirrors, 80 ch UHF, WaterWatch alarm, AutoMate, Steinbaur chip etc.

Comment

• itsamitsi
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2015
            • Hervey Bay Queensland

I ended up getting this kit delivered for $40. Happy enough. Next service I'll probably do valve clearances and timing/balance belt. Who's used who's kit and why?
            Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• amec
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Wamberal

Drove from the Centtal Coast to Dubbo and back over the weekend, about 900km towing our 1500kg camper.
              Using lockup mate, no limp modes. Speed limit except for a few long hills.
              62 litres there, 64 litres back.
              PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• old Jack
                Regular
                • Jun 2011
                • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by amec View Post
                Drove from the Centtal Coast to Dubbo and back over the weekend, about 900km towing our 1500kg camper.
                Using lockup mate, no limp modes. Speed limit except for a few long hills.
                62 litres there, 64 litres back.
                That is 14 litres per 100km, so how does this compare with previous trips?
                Biggest advantage would have to be not worrying about the auto going into limp/self protect mode and the elevated ATF temperatures.

OJ.
                Last edited by old Jack; 19-02-19, 06:53 AM.
                2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• amec
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • Wamberal

Biggest advantage is no limp modes and being able to confidently drive the thing.
                  Fuel consumption is actually up a bit, but previous trips were with our previous camper which weighed approx 500kg less, so we are now pulling more weight along the road.
                  Last edited by amec; 19-02-19, 07:23 AM.
                  PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• KevsChallenger
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Melbourne

Just did the resistor mod, used 4.7k ohm.
                    EGR completely closed now but i may have a little run on or maybe im imagining it because i read too look out for it.
                    For the sake of 55 cents i might go back to Jaycar and try 3.9k and see if thats any different.
                    PC, 2"OME, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batts, TJM Bar, Ironman Winch, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2's, ARB Fridge/Slide, Cargo Barrier, Provent Catch Can, Roof Rack, Lightbar, Inverter, UHF, Lock Up Mate, ScangaugeII, IDrive

Comment

• johndavis125262
                      • Apr 2013
                      • brisbane

Originally posted by KevsChallenger View Post
                      Just did the resistor mod, used 4.7k ohm.
                      EGR completely closed now but i may have a little run on or maybe im imagining it because i read too look out for it.
                      For the sake of 55 cents i might go back to Jaycar and try 3.9k and see if thats any different.

Stay with 4.7 mine been in for 4 years all good john

Comment

• old Jack
                        Regular
                        • Jun 2011
                        • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by johndavis125262 View Post
                        Stay with 4.7 mine been in for 4 years all good john

Is the resistor is in series with the thermister or you are bypassing the thermister completely?

OJ.
                        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• itsamitsi
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2015
                          • Hervey Bay Queensland

Fitted 2 roof rails in readiness to fit up my Kings awning.

Comment

• KevsChallenger
                            • Sep 2017
                            • Melbourne

Fitted a single 4wd Supacentre drawer yesterday, replaced the reverse light globes with some LED globes hopefully they make it a little brighter back there.
                            Started installing my ARB diff breather kit, just got the front diff to go
                            PC, 2"OME, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batts, TJM Bar, Ironman Winch, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2's, ARB Fridge/Slide, Cargo Barrier, Provent Catch Can, Roof Rack, Lightbar, Inverter, UHF, Lock Up Mate, ScangaugeII, IDrive

Comment

• Bendigo Challenger
                              • Jan 2019
                              • Bendigo

Hi all , nothing to exciting but replaced the interior globes with LEDs .
                              Makes massive improvements
                              Cheers

Comment

• PeterC51
                                • Dec 2015
                                • Melbourne

Originally posted by Bendigo Challenger View Post
                                Hi all , nothing to exciting but replaced the interior globes with LEDs .
                                Makes massive improvements
                                Cheers
                                Good move. Wouldn't mind doing mine. Can I ask which brand and type did you use and where did you source them please?
                                Peter
                                MY10 PB XLS auto, MML alloy bullbar, Dobinsons suspension 2" lift, Bushskinz plates, ARB aluminium roof rack, 2nd battery in rear guard, MML towbar, BFG A/T tyres, Clearview mirrors, 80 ch UHF, WaterWatch alarm, AutoMate, Steinbaur chip etc.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X