• Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
    Thanks LR,

I did some numbers from the graphs and although the gains in max kW & Nm figures are not that great, the improvement between 1500rpm and 2400rpm is !

cheers, old Jack.
    Thanks for that OJ ....
    There's also approx 80% gain in torque from 1500rpm
    The Ecu remap is a Optimise tune ... there are also
    performance tunes - more horse power
    & Touring tunes - more torque
    each having their own personalised tune to
    what the customers after.
    This is what I understood from the tech ....
    Best to ring them or visit the site for more
    accurate information
    Last edited by littleriver; 11-03-15, 11:07 AM.
    2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• PeePee
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2012
      • Brisbane

LR, i know that place, what was the damage for the tune? Sounds like a good option for me, i don't want a chip as i want to retain the full 10 yr warranty.
      MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by PeePee View Post
        LR, i know that place, what was the damage for the tune? Sounds like a good option for me, i don't want a chip as i want to retain the full 10 yr warranty.
        Hi Pee Pee,

Like you I wish to preserve the 10 year warranty, so why do you think a remap will be any different from a chip?
        If the dyno graph is correct, what I like about the tune is the very modest gains the top end and the significant gains at the low end where I believe it is most beneficial for most of us. I would like to see a graph of an auto trans equipped Challenger to see how they handle the high stall ratio TC and the poor programming of the AT ECU PWM control during the dyno test.

cheers, old Jack.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• PeePee
          Valued Member
          • Oct 2012
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
          Hi Pee Pee,

Like you I wish to preserve the 10 year warranty, so why do you think a remap will be any different from a chip?
          If the dyno graph is correct, what I like about the tune is the very modest gains the top end and the significant gains at the low end where I believe it is most beneficial for most of us. I would like to see a graph of an auto trans equipped Challenger to see how they handle the high stall ratio TC and the poor programming of the AT ECU PWM control during the dyno test.

cheers, old Jack.
          HJ, would there be evidence of the tune on the car somewhere for Mitso to see and void the warranty, if so i wouldn't do it. I know the Roosystems owner and use to take my GQ there before they got into bed with 4WD action, the service level was far better prior. They have a good dyno set up and do heaps of cars, if the price is reasonable i will chat to Glen (the owner) about tuning the auto and report back HJ. I am not interested if the cost is more than $500 I'll keep the thing standard.
          MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.

Comment

• Giddyup
            • Oct 2013
            • Melbourne

Do you know what boost it runs now?

I'm guessing they didn't install a Dawes valve or needle to adjust the boost curve?

I can't see how this won't void a warranty. If anything, a chip would be better as you could remove it yourself before taking it to a dealer.

With this, all a dealer has to do is look at injection duration, fuel pressure etc. while the car is running and it would be pretty obvious that the car is running different maps.
            MY14 Titanium manual. Stock.

Comment

• cannonsjs
              • Mar 2014
              • Melbourne

I may be missing something here but why is the peak torque on the standard graph at 2400rpm? Shouldn't it be at 2000rpm since this is when the stock engine makes max torque from the factory?
              2016 NX Pajero GLX - Bushkinz Bash Plates, 50mm Ultimate Suspension Lift, Uniden 8050S, Projecta Dual Battery Kit, Kuhmo AT51
              2014 PC Challenger Base - Bushskinz & MM Bash Plates, Uniden 8050S, Projecta Dual Battery Kit, Falken Wildpeak AT02

Comment

• littleriver
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2013
                • Queensland

Originally posted by Giddyup View Post
                Do you know what boost it runs now?

I'm guessing they didn't install a Dawes valve or needle to adjust the boost curve?

I can't see how this won't void a warranty. If anything, a chip would be better as you could remove it yourself before taking it to a dealer.

With this, all a dealer has to do is look at injection duration, fuel pressure etc. while the car is running and it would be pretty obvious that the car is running different maps.
                What I understand they don't play with the boost ...

-as far as the warranty they offer 5+ yrs on their products and 100% Manufacturer Warranty (as advertised on their front page http://roosystems.com.au/ )
                - more information at http://roosystems.com.au/warranty/

I had also talked to my Mitsubishi Service Department Foreman and showed him the dyno map (was very impressed) and he also said it is highly unlikely that it would void your warranty.
                He's actually looking at also remapping his new Triton soon to be delivered.

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• littleriver
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • Queensland

HJ, would there be evidence of the tune on the car somewhere for Mitso to see and void the warranty, if so i wouldn't do it. I know the Roosystems owner and use to take my GQ there before they got into bed with 4WD action, the service level was far better prior. They have a good dyno set up and do heaps of cars, if the price is reasonable i will chat to Glen (the owner) about tuning the auto and report back HJ. I am not interested if the cost is more than $500 I'll keep the thing standard.
                  Good luck with someone remapping your ECU, fine tuning your vehicle for <$500 with 4-5hrs labour, multiple dyno runs, 5+ yrs warranty of workmanship and Manufacturers Warranty 100% Intact, Guaranteed! Or we pay the difference + our own 5 year warranty (as quoted on Roosystems website).

Comment

• littleriver
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • Queensland

Originally posted by cannonsjs View Post
                    I may be missing something here but why is the peak torque on the standard graph at 2400rpm? Shouldn't it be at 2000rpm since this is when the stock engine makes max torque from the factory?
                    When I picked up my vehicle new max torque seemed to be around the 2000rpm mark ...
                    - After the first service (1,500km) Mitsubishi dealer did a software update.
                    Jumped into my vehicle and went to take off, where did all the low down power go ... rang the service department and they said it was ECU update ( I was very disappointed for 2yrs). Hence saving up and getting a ECU remap the car was like new again, Well better then new

Comment

• cannonsjs
                      • Mar 2014
                      • Melbourne

Cool. That makes sense. I'd be very disappointed as well. There seems to be a massive difference to what a 'normal' challenger's torque curve would look like and your one before the remap. Like you said it now seems to more closely follow the 'normal' challenger's torque curve but with more of it all through the rev range! Very good info to have should anyone else have issues after an ECU update.
                      2016 NX Pajero GLX - Bushkinz Bash Plates, 50mm Ultimate Suspension Lift, Uniden 8050S, Projecta Dual Battery Kit, Kuhmo AT51
                      2014 PC Challenger Base - Bushskinz & MM Bash Plates, Uniden 8050S, Projecta Dual Battery Kit, Falken Wildpeak AT02

Comment

• BMN
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • Perth WA

Looks like MMA have a real issue with there software updates or software installers . Even a stock automatic tune should be making 270-280Nm (at the wheels) at 1800rpm

Littleriver i would be revisiting your service department foreman and asking why the stock numbers are so poor. While your remap still looks like a good thing, you are out of pocket trying to get some drivability back into your bus

With a stock tune like that, you and others are definitely not getting what you paid for
                        Last edited by BMN; 11-03-15, 12:12 PM.
                        2010 PB LS Auto, 7seat, silver with lots of pinstripes, Dual batts, Toyo AT2, ARB roof rack, Rear storage/fridge, Bilstien/Kings

Comment

• littleriver
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • Queensland

Originally posted by BMN View Post
                          Looks like MMA have a real issue with there software updates or software installers . Even a stock automatic tune should be making 270-280Nm (at the wheels) at 1800rpm

Littleriver i would be revisiting your service department foreman and asking why the stock numbers are so poor. While your remap still looks like a good thing, you are out of pocket trying to get some drivability back into your bus

With a stock tune like that, you and others are definitely not getting what you paid for
                          The dyno chart on a stock manual would pretty much be the same across the board if and when serviced with a Mitsubishi Dealership ( up to date software upload ) no use to complain when it's regulated to their Aus specs.

As for out of pocket expense, there would be two chances of that, sweet all and all

Throughout vehicle manufacturers there are always the sports model which you can pay up to $20K more or option "B" is to get a ECU
                          re-map done at a reputable workshop.

As a matter of interest do you still own a Challenger, is it Manual or Auto and do you have it serviced at Mitsubishi Dealership ... would be good to see it on the dyno at Roosystems to compare.

Comment

• PeePee
                            Valued Member
                            • Oct 2012
                            • Brisbane

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                            Good luck with someone remapping your ECU, fine tuning your vehicle for <$500 with 4-5hrs labour, multiple dyno runs, 5+ yrs warranty of workmanship and Manufacturers Warranty 100% Intact, Guaranteed! Or we pay the difference + our own 5 year warranty (as quoted on Roosystems website).
                            So what was the damage for the remapping then?

Comment

• BMN
                              Valued Member
                              • Aug 2010
                              • Perth WA

Yep auto Challenger self serviced since 30k so no updates etc. At 110k now and still drives like new. Have always been happy enough with low down grunt. Will ring WA distributor tomorrow and see what they charge for base dyno run.
                              2010 PB LS Auto, 7seat, silver with lots of pinstripes, Dual batts, Toyo AT2, ARB roof rack, Rear storage/fridge, Bilstien/Kings

Comment

• littleriver
                                Valued Member
                                • Jan 2013
                                • Queensland

So what was the damage for the remapping then?
                                All the prices are here ( I just selected none in option 1 & 3 )

Powering your adventure- Australia Wide. Experts in Diesel ECU Remapping, Chip Tuning, ECU Flash Tuning, ECU Flash Remapping, Exhaust Packages, Livid Lights and more.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X