Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 25-11-10
Valued Member

Default Remove Centre Console.

I want to run some wires under the centre console. Problem is I cannot figure out how to get the console out. There are 2 bolts in the "bin" and what looks like 2 fixing points at the lower front. How are the 2 front ones released? Has anyone removed the console yet? Do you have any photo's or advise as to how to get it apart with out breaking anything?

I could just shove them under but would prefer to run the wires properly, and also find that annoying squeak that has developed this week.

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.
Old 25-11-10

I removed mine (most of the dash as well), i had to end up breaking the clips on the front as i could not get them apart, even had my brother (an auto leccy) have a look and he does that sort of thing everyday. They are actually bolted under the gear stick peice, no way you get them apart i dont reckon. I put mine back in just using the 2 bolts in the tub, hasn't moved yet.

www.danielallenphotography.com
Old 26-11-10
Valued Member

By breaking the front clips you mean the ones on the side at the front is that correct?
I have been able to source an exploded diagram of the console from an audio store, so will give it a try next week I think.

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.
Old 27-11-10

I put an accessory socket in the space in centre console compartment (you would think they could have put one in standard). Anyway, I just pushed the wires in under the centre console from the side. It was a bit tight, but ended up okay and hasn't shorted out yet.
Old 27-11-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasarangie View Post
By breaking the front clips you mean the ones on the side at the front is that correct?
I have been able to source an exploded diagram of the console from an audio store, so will give it a try next week I think.
The console is in 2 pieces, the bin part and the gearstick part. To remove the 2 clips in the sides right at the front, push in the centre bit and pull the clip out. There are 2 bolts in the bin part and then there are 2 bolts under the front of the rear section that hold down both the rear bin section and the gearstick section, this is the one i could not get apart, i removed the 2 bolts from the bin and then had to break the clips that hold it at the front and then remove the 2 bolts that hold down the gearstick section. The bin part is now only held in place by the 2 bolts in the bin, but you wouldn't know and it hasn't moved.

Hope this makes sense.

www.danielallenphotography.com
Old 06-12-10
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan40d View Post
The console is in 2 pieces, the bin part and the gearstick part. To remove the 2 clips in the sides right at the front, push in the centre bit and pull the clip out. There are 2 bolts in the bin part and then there are 2 bolts under the front of the rear section that hold down both the rear bin section and the gearstick section, this is the one i could not get apart, i removed the 2 bolts from the bin and then had to break the clips that hold it at the front and then remove the 2 bolts that hold down the gearstick section. The bin part is now only held in place by the 2 bolts in the bin, but you wouldn't know and it hasn't moved.

Hope this makes sense.
Had a go at this today. I found that by removing the cup holder by just pulling up on it, I could then put pressure on the left front clip from underneath. The right one just released with gentle upward lift. Just remember that the console needs to be raised to release. Do not pull the console any other way, just lift after the rear bolts are removed.
The exploded diagram helped, showing exactly where the clips etc are.

Old 10-12-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasarangie View Post
Had a go at this today. I found that by removing the cup holder by just pulling up on it, I could then put pressure on the left front clip from underneath. The right one just released with gentle upward lift. Just remember that the console needs to be raised to release. Do not pull the console any other way, just lift after the rear bolts are removed.
The exploded diagram helped, showing exactly where the clips etc are.
any chance of getting the diagram posted??