Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 10-11-10

Default No Limits Diesel Chip

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Diesel-Power-...item3cb095e110

Has anyone used this. It is 700 dollars cheaper then any alternative and eBay feedback is pretty good?

Thanks
Old 11-11-10

Hi Alexander
Bought a earlier version of this unit from Germany on ebay for my NS EXCEED ran it for about 12 months it took about 2 to 3 weeks to get the settings correct then it ran great found to get settings correct .
l used a 6 foot extention lead and sat unit in car to adjust settings first fault it had was on the default settings it had an increase in turbo lag with the auto but adjusted tourque settings to reduce this l removed it from the car before trading it in and haven't placed it in my manual Challenger it seems to have enough get up and go for me.
Regards
Colin
Old 11-11-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinu View Post
Hi Alexander
Bought a earlier version of this unit from Germany on ebay for my NS EXCEED ran it for about 12 months it took about 2 to 3 weeks to get the settings correct then it ran great found to get settings correct .
l used a 6 foot extention lead and sat unit in car to adjust settings first fault it had was on the default settings it had an increase in turbo lag with the auto but adjusted tourque settings to reduce this l removed it from the car before trading it in and haven't placed it in my manual Challenger it seems to have enough get up and go for me.
Regards
Colin
Thanks Colin,
Looks like the value for money. I will give it a go, 150 bucks, why not.
Thanks
Old 24-11-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinu View Post
Hi Alexander
Regards
Colin
Hi Alexander just wondering where the plugs fit to I just bought one of these tuning boxes and are unsure how to connect it , the instructions that came with it are hopeless , any asssitance would be appreciated .

Regards
John
Old 25-11-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndice View Post
Hi Alexander just wondering where the plugs fit to I just bought one of these tuning boxes and are unsure how to connect it , the instructions that came with it are hopeless , any asssitance would be appreciated .

Regards
John
The unit lead plugs into the common rail plug, it is low down on the challenger at the back of the engine on the passenger side, quite tricky to see and get at just look for the common rail and follow it back and you will see the plug. I am in talks with them about mine as i didnt get any increase in power so trying to sort it out
Old 25-11-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl burgess View Post
The unit lead plugs into the common rail plug, it is low down on the challenger at the back of the engine on the passenger side, quite tricky to see and get at just look for the common rail and follow it back and you will see the plug. I am in talks with them about mine as i didnt get any increase in power so trying to sort it out
Let us know how are you going with this. I haven't paid for mine yet.
Old 26-11-10

Default Is engine safe

Ok so whats the worst that can happen with these chips, can they damage injectors or engine or is the worst that can happen is you pay for something that doesnt improve anything. Is it a case of the Emperors new cloak and we just imagine an improvement and convince ourselves it is working
Any mechanics, tech boffins could answer this it would be good thanks.
Old 05-12-10

Has anyone noticed increased clatter and injector noise with performance chips or is it just me.