Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 27-08-10
Valued Member

Sticks...What a top looking Challenger...My favorite so far mate...

I recon it looks so tough in the flesh...And the Ironman Lift was fantastic value...

Dont forget to take your camera when you go off road...Would look even tougher with some mud!
Old 02-11-10
Valued Member

Paul just wondering what your thoughts are on the Ironman lift? I have the standard suspension and with the bar and winch it is sitting fairly low compared to standard. I have been to several outlets and prices range from acceptable to over the top. I am interested to hear your thoughts.

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.
Old 02-11-10

Hey mate I got the Ironman lift in my 08 Triton and could not be happier, they use the triton front springs and pajero rears for the new challenger so I've been told, hoping to sell the triton very soon and get a new challenger
Old 02-11-10

What is the most lift you can get from the Challenger and who does it? Since the new bar has gone on l can feel the difference in the front end and would like a little more clearance.
Old 02-11-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WITTNALL View Post
What is the most lift you can get from the Challenger and who does it? Since the new bar has gone on l can feel the difference in the front end and would like a little more clearance.

Unfortunately the front is very restricted with the lift you can get out of it.. I got about 37mm lift over std after settling, and that is with the tallest medium rate spring that old man emu make. At that height I can only just squeeze my finger between the top bump stop, so I don?t think you would want to go any higher (even though another 10mm would be nice) otherwise you would have next to no downward travel. The rear came up about 51mm after settling, which Im happy with.
Mitsubishi PB Challenger:- Charcoal, 5sp auto, Factory bluetooth, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib 265 70/17, Old Man Emu suspension, Hayman Reece towbar, Custom nudge bar w/lightforce spotties, Custom bash plates, Extended diff breathers, GME TX3100 UHF, ABR Dual battery system, Prodigy P3 brake controller, APT fabrication sliders/steps. Towing: Jayco Hawk Outback

To do: Airtec snorkel, maybe ARB bar...
Old 03-11-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasarangie View Post
Paul just wondering what your thoughts are on the Ironman lift? I have the standard suspension and with the bar and winch it is sitting fairly low compared to standard. I have been to several outlets and prices range from acceptable to over the top. I am interested to hear your thoughts.
As far as off-road ability, unfortunately I don't have a lot to say yet as it still hasn't seen dirt yet. Was due to do that last weekend, but plans fell through at the last minute. Boooo!!

However for on-road, I've found that it certainly helps it sit better to have a little bit of weight over the back. I took the ARB roof rack basket off for a few weeks. Now, after putting it back on again last week, I reckon that those extra few kilo's made a positive difference.

I've just measured the clearance based on the method described by Ballfyboy in his "PB Challenger Suspension" thread: "... taken from the bottom of the rim to the underside of the guard." Thread at:

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=10502

FL 792 mm
FR 792 mm
RL 843 mm
RR 843 mm

That's with a completely empty vehicle (nothing in the back except the barrier) and roof rack on. Now I'm wondering how much the front has settled after comparing with the numbers from Ballfyboy and LukeS. Should have measured it long ago.

Hope this helps.

Paul
Old 04-11-10
Valued Member

Paul do you have any idea what rate springs they put into your vehicle?

I am looking at the "C" rate front with 40mm lift. Needed for the winch etc.

Then the rear has a choice of 3.
0-250kg
Mits042a (25mm Lift)
Mits042b (40mm lift)
250 kg +
Mits020b (45mm Lift)

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.
Old 04-11-10

Furtunately the stickers are still on the rear springs. They're MITS020B.
I can't locate any identifying info on the front springs at the moment. Might need to contact the crowd that did them, to see if they have a record.

Paul
Old 04-11-10
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SticksGlobal View Post
Furtunately the stickers are still on the rear springs. They're MITS020B.
I can't locate any identifying info on the front springs at the moment. Might need to contact the crowd that did them, to see if they have a record.

Paul
Thanks Paul. I guessed the rear spring would be 020B, as you described it being firm without the rack. I think for me I will go for the middle range 40mm lift, should be OK for what I need. And after all the rear spring shock setup is a simple change anyway should I need to firm it up.

I will call them tommorow for a firm price, see how we go after that.