Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 01-11-10
Valued Member

Default Performance chip or exhaust ?

Has anybody done either ( or both ) a performance chip or aftermarket exhaust for their Challenger ??

About the only thing I don't like is the lack of power below 2000rpm ( especially when towing )

Any thoughts ??
Old 01-11-10
Valued Member

Bang for your buck a chip will win hands down.

Exhaust alone I rekon 5-10% increase.

Chip minimum 25% increase.
Old 02-11-10

The chip for sure, but doing both is even better!! I have a 08 auto Triton with a DPchip and 3' exhaust straight through and it pulls like a 14yr old school boy with a stick mag! even my mechanic shat himself giving it a boot full! hoping to get into a challenger soon tho.....
Old 03-11-10

Can anyone comment on the impact to car warranty? Also how do the chips impact fuel economy?

I have a new pb xls auto.
Old 03-11-10

take it out before u get it serviced, its 2 plugs!, and depending on what setting u have it on depends how much fuel u will use, higher the setting more fuel and power, lower setting less power better economy..
Old 03-11-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by looga83 View Post
The chip for sure, but doing both is even better!! I have a 08 auto Triton with a DPchip and 3' exhaust straight through and it pulls like a 14yr old school boy with a stick mag! even my mechanic shat himself giving it a boot full! hoping to get into a challenger soon tho.....
Looga83, how long have you had that done? How you finding the auto holding up? wonder if triton use the same auto as the challenger (which I'm lead to believe is the same auto as used in the NS pajero...)? fuel economy better or worse?
Mitsubishi PB Challenger:- Charcoal, 5sp auto, Factory bluetooth, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib 265 70/17, Old Man Emu suspension, Hayman Reece towbar, Custom nudge bar w/lightforce spotties, Custom bash plates, Extended diff breathers, GME TX3100 UHF, ABR Dual battery system, Prodigy P3 brake controller, APT fabrication sliders/steps. Towing: Jayco Hawk Outback

To do: Airtec snorkel, maybe ARB bar...
Old 04-11-10

About 40k now, no probs with the auto actually shifts better with the chip, I reckon it even feels more precise, can't say much about fuel econ, cuz I drive it like I stole it, but it's definatley better if I drive it smoothly, and I'm not sure if it's the same auto across the range...