• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greg Grey Grumbly
    • Aug 2012
    • Brisbane, Southside

Accessories Position Options

I love my Paj Sport including the start button feature where I don’t have to insert an ignition key for start.

But, there is one thing I find pretty annoying which is that when you push the button to switch off it kills everything, you don’t like the old Pajero get to switch off to the Accessories position, leaving the radio and accessories on. So to listen to the radio I have to go through the whole startup screen thing just to get to the accessories position.

Have I missed something or is this as good as it gets?
    Greg Grey Grumbly

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
    Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186
  • DibbyDibbyDJ
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2019
    • Victoria

If you leave it in neutral or in a gear as you turn it off it goes back to accessory.

As good as it gets
    2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• Greg Grey Grumbly
      • Aug 2012
      • Brisbane, Southside

Thanks Dibby, I’ll give that a go, there had to be a way.
      Greg Grey Grumbly

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come

Comment

• DID Dash
        • Aug 2016
        • Australia

As Dibby says, select N and then hit the button to switch engine off, and continue to listen to the radio. I stumbled across this when I was picking up my teenager from his work each night and going through the annoying select P, turn off engine, select ACC while missing the song/news bulletin etc.
        17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• JohnFromPerth
          • Mar 2018
          • Western Australia

Remember to pull on the handbrake when you select N.

Comment

• Greg Grey Grumbly
            • Aug 2012
            • Brisbane, Southside

Thanks Guys,

I tried it today and it works a treat, and yes the handbrake is on. It’s quite logical when I think about it as N would not be a longer term parking configuration.

Now to get it back from the panel beater.

Greg
            Greg Grey Grumbly

Comment

• WHID
              • Oct 2019
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by Greg Grey Grumbly View Post
              Now to get it back from the panel beater.
              How cool is that remedy?

Forget to apply the park brake? Even with the music 'wound up', you'll always know so when the car rolls backwards into the tree.

Puts a new connotation on 'head-banging'.

I'll get me coat . . .
              Paj. Sport Exceed MY2019 - 'Genuine' Tow Bar / Boo's Bash Plates / SS Hoops on an Ironman Bull Bar with Recovery Points / 7" 48W LED Driving Lights / Western Filters/Provent 200 Catch Can / at 3,400km, its first pin-stripes - *he winces*

Comment

• marlin1856
                • Apr 2013
                • Melbourne

Same same but different you can put it in Park, hold the gear knob button up/in, foot on brake and press start button to turn off and radio stays on.
                2016 Pajero Sport Exceed Titanium

Comment

• Greg Grey Grumbly
                  • Aug 2012
                  • Brisbane, Southside

Thanks Marlin, how good is that, it always seemed strange MM would make anything function that dorky, another good technique that allows normal P selection and park brake usage.

By the way the panel beater had nothing to do with the radio, that was backing my six metre boat trailer into too tight a spot through a gate.

Lesson learned but still no fish.

Greg
                  Greg Grey Grumbly

Comment

• DID Dash
                    • Aug 2016
                    • Australia

I tried Marlin’s trick too. Success, you learn something here every visit.
                    17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X