• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swayzee
    • Mar 2020
    • Prachinburi\Thailand

Remote start new Pajero

Dear all

I have a question about remote start of the Pajero.

In Thailand many new cars have those option. Here it is always really hot and people like to start the car via remote (to cool down before enter the car).

Isuzu for example has this for the Truck and also for the MuX. But for the Pajero I cannot find those option.

Is there a trick or a possibility to start the car via remote?

I also still not found out how I can lock the car while those is running. For example I start the car and go short (1 Minute) somewhere and want to lock the car in this time. I cannot do only alarm sound start and while the car is running I cannot lock. Other cars can lock while running.

Maybe someone can help me with this 2 topics.

Thanks
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

If you have two keys try leaving the motor running and locking it with the spare key in the door lock and not the push button on the remote.

Comment

• Swayzee
      • Mar 2020
      • Prachinburi\Thailand

If I leave 1 key in the car, it is nor possible to lock the car (also when the engine is not running).

The car will make alarm and show that the key is still inside the car.

This I tested already before.

Comment

• Swayzee
        • Mar 2020
        • Prachinburi\Thailand

So nobody has an idea how to add remote start of even how can lock the doors (from outside) while the car is running?

Comment

• rgrubby
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2018
          • Wellington - NZ

Originally posted by Swayzee View Post
          So nobody has an idea how to add remote start of even how can lock the doors (from outside) while the car is running?
          I assume your vehicle has an immobilizer, so if you wanted to make some sort of remote start, you would need to leave a key in the ignition and tap the ignition wires into some sort of remote switch, not a straight ford process.

Have you tried locking the doors using the mechanical key in the door lock while the engine is running? Another option for locking it while running would be a separate remote control wired into the door lock button on the drivers door.
          2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Kaon and ASFIR bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

• Swayzee
            • Mar 2020
            • Prachinburi\Thailand

"Have you tried locking the doors using the mechanical key in the door lock while the engine is running?"

Thank you for the idea, this I will test today after work. Is maybe not the easiest way (need to get out the mechanical key every time), but if it works, it would be a first step :-)

The situation about the remote start I cannot understand. Why most of the other cars have those feature (in Thailand) but the new Pajero Sport do not have a remote start. I just got a offer from a local shop (in Thailand) they told me 9900THB (about 300 USD) for those remote start. But I will get a second remote.... (what is not really a good solution) and I think 300 USD is also too expensive for this.

Comment

• JohnFromPerth
              • Mar 2018
              • Western Australia

I think you may have to wait until Mitsubishi puts remote start feature on the Pajero Sport. These systems have to integrate with the engine management system as well as the body control module. Not a thing that can easily be added on to an old vehicle.

Comment

• Swayzee
                • Mar 2020
                • Prachinburi\Thailand

Originally posted by JohnFromPerth View Post
                I think you may have to wait until Mitsubishi puts remote start feature on the Pajero Sport. These systems have to integrate with the engine management system as well as the body control module. Not a thing that can easily be added on to an old vehicle.
                There are a couple of companies in Thailand (and I also saw in USA) which are adding this function to the cars. They already have this package for the older Pajero Models (till 2013) but for the new Pajero Sport 2016-2019 and 2019-...) they still do not have those systems.

And you need to use a additional remote for start, cannot use the old. But 1 guy he did the remote start for 2008 Pajero in Thailand with using the original remote. Only click 3 times in a row the "unlock" button. I already talked with him, he said the parts for the new Pajero with start\stop button are still not available. But he will let me know.

I keep you updated if someone is also interested in this feature.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X