• Show
Clear All
  • m_and_m
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2010
    • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by Onsan View Post
    Getting back to you on this.

Changed the setting back to lockup from 2nd and have been driving it for a bit over a week. It is releasing fine once below 30k/hr just like you said, if you really try you can get it to pull you up when it holds 2nd above 30k/hr, but only deliberately. So all is good, I've not had any other engine faults pop up, so I guess it may have been just part of the adaptive learning you mentioned. That may not be limited to the car either.
    Good to hear all is ok 👍
    2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
    2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
    Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Chevy29
      • Jan 2020
      • Victoria

Ultragauge Setup Clarification

Getting back to your first post regarding monitoring of the transmission oil temperature I have just installed an Ultragauge MX and it is pre programmed to monitor the transmission pipe temperature but I would like to also monitor the pan temperature. I have searched to forum for details as to how I can program an M Gauge to read the pan temperature and the closest I have come is your guide. I have also checked to Ultragauge website to no avail.

I would like to know how I program the new M gauge. I have noted the the only difference between the Pipe and Pan M Gauges in your explanation is the RPos: (1008 and 1808 respectively) and the name. But there are no details as to how the M Gauge for the pan temperature is developed.

Help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. No doubt I'll be told it is very simple as is generally the case when it comes to this sort of thing with me.

Thanking you in anticipation,
      Chevy29

Comment

• Chevy29
        • Jan 2020
        • Victoria

Apologies to all for an unnecessary post. As I said in my last post the answer is probably simple and sure enough it is! I have now programmed a transmission pan oil temperature and it works. However I do have an issue in that I appear to have locked the Ultragauge pages into a four zone display when I would like to have a six zone display. Does this mean I have to reset to factory setting and start all over again?

Comment

• m_and_m
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Chevy29 View Post
          Apologies to all for an unnecessary post. As I said in my last post the answer is probably simple and sure enough it is! I have now programmed a transmission pan oil temperature and it works. However I do have an issue in that I appear to have locked the Ultragauge pages into a four zone display when I would like to have a six zone display. Does this mean I have to reset to factory setting and start all over again?
          No, there’s a setting in another menu that lets you choose which pages are displayed and how many gauges to display per page.
          2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
          Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Chevy29
            • Jan 2020
            • Victoria

Thanks for the info. I'm done that and everything is working as I want. Can you advise where the intake air temperature is read, is it the the engine side of the air cleaner or the engine side of the intercooler?

Comment

• old Jack
              Regular
              • Jun 2011
              • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Chevy29 View Post
              Thanks for the info. I'm done that and everything is working as I want. Can you advise where the intake air temperature is read, is it the the engine side of the air cleaner or the engine side of the intercooler?
              Engine side of intercooler at the throttle body.

OJ.
              2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
              MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Kiwi downunder
                • Feb 2014
                • Adelaide

Torque Pro App

Back to transmission temperatures...... I didnt go down the Scan gauge line as $250 for a OBD2 connection set up.
                Instead I went down the route of purchasing OBD2 sender and purchased the 'Torque Pro' app for my phone. ($46 vs $250)
                Last night I installed it all and off to work I drove today...... I nearly died of a heart attack when torque pro was telling me my Transmission temperature was at 96 degree C. Coasting down hill and into town, no load.

Well on the way home I picked up that 'Torque Pro' is using the engine coolant temperature as the Transmission temp, I watched the two temps side by side. (perfect mapping)

Q/ Is it that the PB Challenger has no code for the Transmission temperature? or that Torque pro actually cant get the reading from the OBD2 blue tooth unit.
                Or is it the OBD2 sender itself cant read transmission data?

Q/ Has anyone else used the 'Torque Pro' app?
                Q/ Has anyone watched the scan gauge Transmission temperature beside the engine coolant temperature to see if they map each other also?

OK maybe i need to set up its own OBD2 PID, any ideas please on how to programme this in 'Torque Pro' app?

OBD2: Vgate icar Pro.
                App: Torque Pro
                Vehilcle: PB Challenger

UPDATE:
                In reading the forum I have found further info as follows....

Go to Torque home screen and click on bottom Left Hand menu, then select settings, then, select Manage extra PIDs/Sensors. Now select menu in top right hand corner, then add predefined set, then Chrysler/Dodge, then Transmission Fluid Temp (GM Method 1). Now a screen will come up options for: Trans.FI.Tmp and select Edit, now edit it. Change the fields first line is the heading and under it is what to change it to
                OBD2 mode and PID(in HEX..... to

Short name (used in Display) to
                Trans Temp

Minimum Value (typically 0) to
                Maximum Value to
                200.0 (could be lower for transmission temperature I would think?)

Scale Factor to
                x1

Unit factor to
                °C

Equation (eg A+B+20- or [0d]+10=A or even just [0d] to
                f-50 (changed to f-40 for challenger vs pajero)
                OBD Header to use (leave blank, 'Auto' or HEX header) to
                TCM

This now appears to be working in the Torque pro app.... not sure if this is 100% correct but now reading ATF at 57°C vs coolant at 77°C
                SO much happer
                Last edited by Kiwi downunder; 03-03-20, 05:29 PM. Reason: Information found to resolve issue

Comment

• old Jack
                  Regular
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi downunder View Post
                  This now appears to be working in the Torque pro app.... not sure if this is 100% correct but now reading ATF at 57°C vs coolant at 77°C
                  SO much happer
                  Yes on the PB Challenger there can be a difference in the ATF and the engine coolant temperatures this is normal.

But your temperatures do not look correct, are the offsets correct?
                  Coolant temperature shold be around 85C to 90C and under normal city driving conditions with Auto Mate I see 60C to 75C ATF temperatures.
                  First thing in the morning before you start the engine, the Outside Air Temperature, Engine Coolant and ATF temperatures should all be the same.

OJ.
                  2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• Kiwi downunder
                    • Feb 2014
                    • Adelaide

OJ,
                    I have programmed the above into the 'Torque Pro' app, as found in the forums.
                    I'm now get 65°C into town and 80°C degrees going home (uphill) for transmission temperatures. Very happy with this.

I'm now looking to find the PID parameters for engine coolant temp as I don't trust the 'Torque Pro' default profiles.
                    (But.... the engine coolant is boiling/ gurgling into the over flow when I turn off the engine/ looking for ideas https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...d=1#post627969 )

PS: I hope to install the 'Automate' this weekend then monitor the change in ATF temperatures.
                    Last edited by Kiwi downunder; 05-03-20, 08:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• m_and_m
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2010

As OJ said make sure all the temperatures are all about the same after the car has been cold soaked for quite a number of hours (like overnight) to know that you can trust that the torque pro app is displaying the right temperatures.

Comment

• Shaky
                        • Oct 2022
                        • Queensland

Hi Marshall

Ive just read your PDF on the Ultra gauge set up. I’m curious to know if my original setting from the previous owner within the mgauge screen is acceptable? (See photo).

The last line in your document shows the numeral 30, where as mine was found set withe the numeral 31.

I have recently purchased an NW 2012 3.2 diesel auto

Comment

• redbruce
                          Administrator
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Melbourne

Originally posted by Shaky View Post
                          Hi Marshall

Ive just read your PDF on the Ultra gauge set up. I’m curious to know if my original setting from the previous owner within the mgauge screen is acceptable? (See photo).

The last line in your document shows the numeral 30, where as mine was found set withe the numeral 31.

No.

Its reading pipe temp but temp offset must be FFCE not FFDO. When offset is correct engine, trans and inlet temp will be the same first thing in morning before startup.

I cant remember what the last line referts to but since you need to change temp offset, change it to 30 at same time.
                          PCOV Member 1954
                          MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer, ARB Smartbar. Stockman Extreme pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

• m_and_m
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Shaky View Post
                            Hi Marshall

As redbruce said the offset is incorrect. Use FFCE( -50 degC), unless you have an NS Diesel, Challenger, pre2016 Triton, or Gen4 petrol, which use FFD8 (-40 degC). All the later have the JATCO transmission.

The bottom value of 30 or 31 simply changes how the number is displayed, to 1 decimal place or not. There’s no need to display temp to an accuracy of 1 decimal place (eg 45.1). A whole number (45) is fine and easier for the brain to quickly read.

cheers Marshall

Comment

• Garc
                              • May 2015
                              • Perth

Hi, I can’t get the document at the start of this thread to download. Is it still there?
                              Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• old Jack
                                Regular
                                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Garc View Post
                                Hi, I can’t get the document at the start of this thread to download. Is it still there?
                                I was just able to download the document from the link in the first post.

OJ.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X