• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m_and_m
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2010
    • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

lockup-mate upgrade program [for a limited time]

If you're not familiar with lockup-mate or auto-mate, see this thread https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=58899

or visit https://www.mm4x4.com.au

With the completion of the auto-mate pre-orders we are now able to offer an upgrade program for existing lockup-mate owners.

Three options are available:

1. LOCKUP-MATE UPGRADE TO THE NEW AUTO-MATE
    Currently only available for Pajero NT+ and Challenger PB.
    Challenger PC Upgrade Program is currently scheduled for April 2019.
    No upgrade is planned for Pajero NS.
    2. LOCKUP-MATE PAJERO 'QUIRK' UPGRADE
    For Pajero NT+ lockup-mate owners (NS models do not experience this quirk)

In SPORT mode, the Pajero NT+ has a quirk that sometimes:
    • prevents the transmission selecting 2nd gear until above ~3000RPM (30 kph)
    • downshifts into 1st gear too early (30kph)

The work-around is to simply shift the transmission into DRIVE when below 30 kph.
    This upgrade manages the action of switching between DRIVE and SPORT for you.
    3. LOCKUP-MATE SOFTWARE UPGRADE
    For Pajero NT+ and Challenger owners only
    Upgrade to the latest version of the software. See the web site for details.

The upgrade program is for a limited time only (until 30 March 2019) except PC Challenger which will be offered in April once the genuine Mitsubishi connectors arrive from Japan.

More details including prices are at the web site here

You can choose the upgrade option and order at the MM4x4 online store

Details on how the upgrade program will operate (for your chosen option) can be seen once selected in the store.

cheers,
    Marshall
    Last edited by m_and_m; 29-03-19, 08:18 AM.
    2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
    2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
    Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's
  • ticky
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

Hey Marshall,

I'm interested in your offer.

Well have a chat about it when you have time.

Steve
    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• zippo
      • Jun 2017
      • Queensland

Automate upgrade

Hi Marshall. Once the long weekend is done and dusted, you'll see I've ordered my Automate upgrade. Looking forward to April (or thereabouts)
      White PC, MY13 LS Auto. Diesel Smart Engine Chip, Windbooster Throttle Controller, M&M Auto-Mate, Full-width Intercooler, 3 Inch Stainless Exhaust, Safari Snorkel, Tough Dog Adjustable Suspension, Rear Air Bags, Diff breathers, Heavy Duty Tow Bar, X Cross Sports Front Bar, LED Bar Light, Toyo Open Country 275/65/17 Tyres, UHF CB, GSL Trailer Brake Controller, Pro 200 catch can, EGR mod.

Comment

• Ian H
        Valued Member
        • May 2015
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by ticky View Post
        Hey Marshall,

I'm interested in your offer.

Well have a chat about it when you have time.

Steve
        What's to chat ? Just order one.
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• itsamitsi
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2015
          • Hervey Bay Queensland

Hey Marshall,

The upgrade program is for a limited time only (until 30 March 2019) except PC Challenger which will be offered in April once the genuine Mitsubishi connectors arrive from Japan.

Are the PB and PC connectors different? That's annoying.
          Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• Ky1e
            • Aug 2015
            • Muswellbrook

I don't have NT but just wondering why the quirk upgrade is not a free upgrade? Honest question, not being smart or anything.

One of these days I'll get round to ordering the lockup mate for my NS..

Comment

• Scouter1
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2013
              • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post

2. LOCKUP-MATE PAJERO 'QUIRK' UPGRADE [INDENT]For Pajero NT+ lockup-mate owners (NS models do not experience this quirk)

In SPORT mode, the Pajero NT+ has a quirk that sometimes:
              • prevents the transmission selecting 2nd gear until above ~3000RPM (30 kph)
              • downshifts into 1st gear too early (30kph)
              PM sent

Cheers,
              Stephen
              2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• Ian H
                Valued Member
                • May 2015
                • Melbourne

If you aren't getting any response from Marshall, he's in the high country this week.
                2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Scouter1
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2013
                  • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                  If you aren't getting any response from Marshall, he's in the high country this week.
                  Many thanks for that, hope he is having a fantastic time. Such dedication track testing the latest version of software
                  2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• ticky
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2015
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ky1e View Post
                    I don't have NT but just wondering why the quirk upgrade is not a free upgrade? Honest question, not being smart or anything.

One of these days I'll get round to ordering the lockup mate for my NS..
                    My opinion,
                    This is a problem that nearly every, or every lockup kit on the market is faced with. To my knowledge, M&M is the only one that has found solution. As I understand it, and I could be wrong, but I believe the switch loom has to be modified or replaced and the control box has to have new components installed.

I also believe M&M is doing a changeover service to speed the process up for the customer, but once again, I'm not certain.

Personally, I don't find it unreasonable to have to pay for this, but I suppose if I did, I could simply not have the upgrade done.

I hope this helps you see why the upgrade has a dollar value attached to it.

JMO

Steve
                    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• Ian H
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2015
                      • Melbourne

Originally posted by Scouter1 View Post
                      Many thanks for that, hope he is having a fantastic time. Such dedication track testing the latest version of software
                      With the storms going through the high country at the moment, I wouldn't want to be there.

Comment

• m_and_m
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2010
                        • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Back from the high country now. Vic is a great place for off-roading and camping
                        I'll try to answer all the questions in one hit.

Originally posted by itsamitsi
                        Are the PB and PC connectors different? That's annoying.
                        Yes, unforunately they are different. And yes...very annoying.

Originally posted by Ky1e
                        There is as small charge as it's not a trivial exercise to modify it. The unit has extra components added to the PCB, and an extra electrical harness which has genuine MM connectors for plug n play installation. Then there's the effort to re-program and test it, and return postage costs.

Originally posted by Scouter1
                        Sure did And it did provide great new situation in which to test the software.
                        SPORT mode works exactly as I wanted on the very steep inclines - no changes needed.

Originally posted by ticky
                        I also believe M&M is doing a changeover service to speed the process up for the customer, but once again, I'm not certain.
                        No - I wasn't have to so this. The aim is for very fast to turn-around. Hence we delay shipping the upgrade kit so we don't get a flood of unit back at the same time and cause delay.

Originally posted by Ian H
                        With the storms going through the high country at the moment, I wouldn't want to be there.
                        We headed to the north so missed the worst of it. Had some pretty mean hail though - which reminds me. I need to check if the roof got dented.
                        2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                        2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                        Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Scouter1
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2013
                          • Sydney NSW

Lockup-mate lite upgrade?

Marshall, does this upgrade offer extend to lockup-mate lite as well? You mentioned a while ago this should be available but I didn't see any mention of this product on the upgrade page (or elsewhere on your site).

Cheers,
                          Stephen

Comment

• geopaj
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2007
                            • Adelaide

I've have, what I'm told is the first Lockup Mate to be supplied with the 'quirk improvement' from new.

It's been installed for a bit over a week and I'm very happy to report that it completely resolves the quirk.

Great work Marshall!
                            Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Pwoffey
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2013
                              • Adelaide

installed Lockup Mate update to fix quirk

Just re-installed my Lockup Mate after Marshall updated it with the quirk fix. All works well, I can now drive it with Lockup Mate engaged around town, which was really not very enjoyable before the fix. So well done MM 4x4
                              As far as installation was concerned, it was all very easy EXCEPT inserting the new harness plugs into the existing transmission shift connector. Access is very limited and the male component of the OEM connector points forward and horizontal and is fixed on its underside, so can't be manoeuvered. The corresponding female plug (on the Lockup Mate harness) has to be manoeuvered down, forward, then come back on itself horizontally to meet the male plug. You do this pretty much blind, because your hand completely fills the access path, whose edges are unpleasant. Skin, blood and curses were left on the surrounding trim but I finally (after at least an hour) did it . You need hands that are thin, with long flexible fingers. None of my family or my neighbours is a concert pianist or has Marfan syndrome so I just had to persist. The female plug of the OEM connector and the male plug of the Lockup Mate harness are both mobile and not a problem to connect.
                              BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X