• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whitehorse
    • Feb 2018
    • Wollongong

Rear diff breather

Hi guys,
    Can anyone fill me in as to what attachment they've used to replace the white breather fitting in the rear diff? The hole isn't tapped and if possible I'd like to avoid doing that.
    Cheers
  • AstinGC90
    • Nov 2017
    • Innisfail

I have been looking at this $30 Piranah kit. http://www.piranhaoffroad.com.au/pro...diff-breathers

Not sure if that answers the question as I haven't poked my head under there yet.
    2016 MY17 Pajero Sport Exceed
    MCC Rocker Bar - Runva 11XP Premium Winch - Tough Dog 40mm adjustable lift kit - Safari V-Spec - 4mm Stainless Bash Plates- Savannah RTT - Front Runner Slimline 2 Rack - All interior lighting swapped to LED's - Stedi 39" LED Lightbar with LED/DRL fogs - Intervolt DC/DC charger - Projecta 120W solar - Dual Battery under bonnet 75AH SLA aux - Provent Catch Can - Idrive Windbooster EVC313 - Miracast HDMI mod - Piranha Breathers.

Comment

• Whitehorse
      • Feb 2018
      • Wollongong

That appears to be exactly what I was looking for.
      Cheers.

Comment

• AstinGC90
        • Nov 2017
        • Innisfail

Hey Whitehorse.

Just got off the phone with Denis Dwyer from Piranha. He said any forum members are welcome to give him a call on 0397628556 and have a chat.

Prices are:

$75 for main breather kit plus $30 for the MQ Triton/QE Pajero Sport read diff adaptor.

Includes extra breather filter for forward differential extension.

Cheers,
        Astin
        MCC Rocker Bar - Runva 11XP Premium Winch - Tough Dog 40mm adjustable lift kit - Safari V-Spec - 4mm Stainless Bash Plates- Savannah RTT - Front Runner Slimline 2 Rack - All interior lighting swapped to LED's - Stedi 39" LED Lightbar with LED/DRL fogs - Intervolt DC/DC charger - Projecta 120W solar - Dual Battery under bonnet 75AH SLA aux - Provent Catch Can - Idrive Windbooster EVC313 - Miracast HDMI mod - Piranha Breathers.

Comment

• Jim-oz
          • Aug 2016
          • blayney

Do we REALLY NEED diff breathers, Don't kill me boys, new to all this!

Comment

• Norco
            • May 2018
            • Melbourne

Originally posted by Jim-oz View Post
            Yes we do Jim_oz, too keep the water out from those deep water crossings.....
            Supercharged diesel manual, ironman bulbar TJM 9,500 winch OME suspension, ARB front & rear air locker's with pump kit, Safari snorkel, Piranha diff breathers, Piranha duel battery kit with monitor, Kaymar rear bar duel carrier, Recaro seats, plug and go throttle control , scan gauge, 400 watts of solar, Cooper st Maxx 265/75/16, Rhino vortex cross bars, LRA 140L + 70L sub, ICOM 208H UHF/VHF towing patriot X1H Camper. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 5G...

Comment

• AstinGC90
              • Nov 2017
              • Innisfail

And for $100 it isn't worth not having them

Comment

• Whitehorse
                • Feb 2018
                • Wollongong

Originally posted by Jim-oz View Post
                I think we do as a matter of insurance. The PS comes standard with the front diff and transfer case already done so you can consider this when buying an aftermarket kit.

Comment

• GTSteve
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Brisbane

I ordered the PS specific Piranha kit from TJM yesterday and I'm looking at a few cheap 4 port ebay kits to round out the rest. So there is nothing to do for the front & transfer case, we just need a 2 port for the rear diff and transmission is that right? Is there any benefit to further extend the existing 2?

Comment

• Whitehorse
                    • Feb 2018
                    • Wollongong

Originally posted by GTSteve View Post
                    I ordered the PS specific Piranha kit from TJM yesterday and I'm looking at a few cheap 4 port ebay kits to round out the rest. So there is nothing to do for the front & transfer case, we just need a 2 port for the rear diff and transmission is that right? Is there any benefit to further extend the existing 2?
                    I don't think so. If you look they're as high up on the firewall as you can go almost right in the middle. There's two silver tubes with black nipples on the end.

Comment

• klaash
                      • May 2020
                      • Tasmania

For what it's worth, there are a few other options out there now with adapters for MQ Triton / PS, including BRC, SAAS and some on ebay.

Just thought I'd update this thread since it's the top hit when googling pajero sport breather.

Comment

• Okayest dad
                        • Oct 2019
                        • Orange

Sorry to bring up an old post, but how many extra ports do we need for the Pajero Sport? If the front diff has a breather up high does that mean I just need 3 ports (rear diff, transfer case and transmission)? Does anyone know of any videos or links showing how to install?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X