• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zoiks
    • Apr 2016
    • Brisbane

How to route antenna cable to roof racks

How would one most easily with least amount of holes drilled route an uhf antenna cable to the roof racks of a NX pajero

Do people go through the roof itself or is there an easier way under the seal of a door or something.

Bonus question: my towpro was glued down with a black silicon like substance. Very sticky, doesn't set looks good for absorbing shocks. Any idea what that would be and where I can get it from.
    Last edited by zoiks; 25-09-17, 03:16 PM.
  • Drewan
    • Apr 2017
    • Adelaide

Wasn't butal mastic was it ?
    Over capitalized NK.I'm running out of things to add to it it died , now a SWB NJ with all the good stuff from the NK on it .

Comment

• zoiks
      • Apr 2016
      • Brisbane

Originally posted by Drewan View Post
      Wasn't butal mastic was it ?
      Looks to be sometime like it. Good pick up.

Any idea on my other issue?

Comment

• BBP
        • Oct 2007
        • Canberra

Depends on the vehicle I would think. I would go through firewall as is normally done, then see if I can run it up the "A" pillar to the roof racks. It may look ugly but a few adhesive cable mounts stuck to the "A" pillar would probably work. Enough stuck to the edge of the windscreen would also work but be bugger if the screen needed replacing. Easier if it has a snorkel as it can be attached to that.

Comment

• zoiks
          • Apr 2016
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by BBP View Post
          Depends on the vehicle I would think. I would go through firewall as is normally done, then see if I can run it up the "A" pillar to the roof racks. It may look ugly but a few adhesive cable mounts stuck to the "A" pillar would probably work. Enough stuck to the edge of the windscreen would also work but be bugger if the screen needed replacing. Easier if it has a snorkel as it can be attached to that.
          DOh,
          NX pajero. Hmm that would be ugly as sin but would work. I wonder if coming up from under the rails is a viable option and if it is how much effort it would be.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X