Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Just a few points:

For beach driving a set of MaxTrax, a shovel and sensibly lowered tyre pressures will see you out of just about any situation you encounter, and, at least while you are getting used to the capabilities of the Paj, you can save money on getting a lift.

In addition to more frequent oil/filter changes, fit a catch can.

Sump and intercooler bash plates should be very high on your list of extras.

I am sure there are advantages of the FJ over the Pajero, but just be careful that you can live with the front and second row door arrangements of the FJ. The second row doors are hinged at the rear and, if memory serves, you have to open the front door first to release and open the second row door. Not for me .

Good luck with your choice.
BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni 90 front and Bilstein 6272 rear shocks with Lovell HD springs, Lightforce 170 Halogen driving lights, Brown Davis i/c and sump bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD oil catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Great info, wasn't aware of the intricacies of a lift!

There is also a lot of cars for just under $30K with around 100k-120k on them. As long as they have a solid service history + in stock condition is there any other risks to purchasing a higher k's car?
Old 2 Weeks Ago

In answer to your question about the number of K's

I bought mine with 110,000 on the clock. Based on the condition of the vehicle and being only 3 years old (at the time) i figured they would have to be highway k's which can (usually) be pretty easy on a drive train.With a solid service history from a Mitsubishi dealer as well. Had a factory bull bar which was a bonus as I intended fitting one anyway. Bought it on the spot.

Might also be a question of my perspective as well. Having had many vehicles which have accumulated 350,000 plus k's (still have two of them and use them regularly) I dont see 100,000 as high K's. I once bought a 60 series with 325,000 on the clock and drove it for years with no major work. From everything I have read, it seems the Pajero is good for many,many K's

Apologies to those who have seen the FJ cruiser used properly. As someone who is a closet Prado admirer, i should have remembered they are almost identical in the mechanicals and drive train.

A test drive of a Pajero and an FJ cruiser would be a very good idea. The forum can give you lots of thoughts, advice and opinions but only you will be actually driving the chosen vehicle. You may love or hate one or the other based on your personal preferences.

Last edited by Two Emms; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:30 AM.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Agree 100000kms is not high for these engines. Many Pajeeo 3.2 diesels are now hitting over 300000kms with little to no issues. My NS has 255000kms with no issues apart from general servicable items.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit