Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default 2015 NX fit out

Hi everyone,
New to the forum and new to Pajeroís. Just picked up a 2015 NX. I have replaced the tyres with Toyo Open Country AT 2. Today I fitted the provent 200. Munji EGR delete cable. Also fitted the Custom Off-road bash plates all the way to the back. 3D floor Mats I stalled as well as custom fitted seat covers.
Me and my two boys are doing a big trip in a few weeks going from Lismore NSW to Lightning Ridge, Bourke, Louth, Tilpa, White Cliffs and then up to Cameron Corner (if QLD border opens in time)
Question other than fitting the new UHF before we go is there any other recommendations re: fit out before going on a trip like this. Forgot to mention installed dual batter system already as well (Redarc)
I cannot get the Bullbar installed before we go as everywhere is booked out till end of July. :-(
Suggestions would be most appreciated
Thanks
D
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

I reckon that an extra fine in-line fuel filter is a worthwhile investment. You will probably never need it bu if you get a bad batch of fuel somewhere it will be expensive and inconvenient.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

It might seem simple but a dash mat is great to keep the sun off the dash and heat out of the car.

Do you have good navigation software ? I use Oui Explorer on a Samsung tablet and it's perfect.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Hi guys,
Thanks for the suggestions. Dash mat is ordered! Hema onboard. I have been thinking about he fuel filter so will look into it more this week. We donít leave for 3 weeks so plenty of time to spend more $$ on upgrades!
Old 4 Weeks Ago

It will probably be warm up that way so block out your rear quarter windows. Pretty easy to cut a couple of cardboard templates just a little bigger than the inside of the window then transfer the patterns onto a cheap foil windscreen cover (I got a couple from Aldi). Then just push them in to fit.
Something like this https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/sh...ront-sunshades

If you can get the one with a black or dark colour on one side it, put it to the inside. You dont want to be getting glimpses of foil in the mirror

Its a cheap mod that will keep the cargo area of the car a lot cooler.

It would also be a good idea to chuck in at least a spare air and fuel filter. Preferably hoses and belts as well. A cabin filter might also be handy if it gets real dusty.(Its behind the glovebox)
Old 4 Weeks Ago

And..... if you are going to be letting down and re inflating your tyres to suit the different roads maybe a compressor would be handy.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

The rear block outs are a top idea! I picked up spare filters this afternoon but didnít think about belts.... but now I am! I did make a list of tools after going over the car over the last two weeks just to make sure everything stays tight and in case of an issue. As for the air compressor I was sort of on the fence about bringing one. From what Iím told by a mate that did a similar trip, although he did run pressures down to about 26-28 he said once you get to your next stop there is always air where there is fuel so he never used his compressor on the whole 3500km trip. I guess better safe than sorry.
I am starting to worry Iíll end up bringing the whole garage!
We are camping / swags the whole trip so space will be a premium in the back as I donít have a roof set up.... yet.
My boys are 6 and 5 so Iím sure my wife will make bring bring heaps of stuff for them we will never use as well. Lol. Boys trip will be epic though.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djisapilot View Post
Hi everyone,
New to the forum and new to Pajeroís. Just picked up a 2015 NX. I have replaced the tyres with Toyo Open Country AT 2. Today I fitted the provent 200. Munji EGR delete cable. Also fitted the Custom Off-road bash plates all the way to the back. 3D floor Mats I stalled as well as custom fitted seat covers.
Me and my two boys are doing a big trip in a few weeks going from Lismore NSW to Lightning Ridge, Bourke, Louth, Tilpa, White Cliffs and then up to Cameron Corner (if QLD border opens in time)
Question other than fitting the new UHF before we go is there any other recommendations re: fit out before going on a trip like this. Forgot to mention installed dual batter system already as well (Redarc)
I cannot get the Bullbar installed before we go as everywhere is booked out till end of July. :-(
Suggestions would be most appreciated
Thanks
D
What floor mats and seat covers did you go with?
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Hi mate,

I got the floor mats off eBay. Picture attached. They fit amazing and so easy to clean. They donít slide around at all.

The seat covers were from super cheap and were the neoprene ones Taylor made for the Pajero. They will do for now until I decide on which canvas ones I want. So many choices.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 863A1527-D163-4300-8F0B-333D93ECA782.jpg (68.6 KB, 30 views)