Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default CB antenna cable

Recently added a Uniden UHF, the installer cable tied the antenna cable to the upright on the OEM alloy bull-bar. Wasn't keen on the look plus would make it harder to clean and polish so have come up with a solution. I've stuck on two aluminium blocks with automotive double sided take to the back of the upright and cable tied the antenna cable to these blocks, see attached pic.

Works ok and the tape should hold, except; I was jiggling with the antenna up top and this kindof disturbed the double sided tape slightly and now looks a bit off centre, not dislodging but threatening to. So; any suggestions please on how to secure the cable to the back of the upright relatively out of sight, preferably without drilling any holes. Thanks..........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CB Antenna Cable.jpg (50.9 KB, 101 views)
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Look for cable tie mounts. Adhesive backed (go for 3M tape versions).
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

I have a black bullbar, so I used black ArmourFlex Silicon Modified Urethane filler to glue the cable directly, covering it with masking tape until it cured. This smoothed the glue and held the cable in place until cured.