• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hinsch
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Perth

Servings at MM brake changes

I had to take my Pajero to MM the other week, just sitting in the waiting room for about two hours for my car to be finished and being a little nosey on what was happening around I noticed that there seemed to be a lot of phone calls from MM to the owners saying that the brakes on you vehicle are worn and need replacing.
    There was at least eight calls made in that two hours, so I decided to take a bit of a walk pass their workshop to see how many cars were actually in the shop. There was approx. 12 including mine in the shop so that is over 3/4 of the vehicles in for a servicing on that day required the brakes to be changed.
    The odds of that happening seem a bit high to me, just saying, but its suspect to me.
    Getting MM to change the brakes is not cheap either.
    NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

I check my brakes easily using an old dentist's mirror & a torch (easy to do through the gaps in the alloy wheels). That way I know if they really need replacing. I also ask for the old parts (although no guarantee they don't grab some old parts from another car).

My advice to people receiving such a unexpected phone call is to ask for the actual measurements, decline & ask for a quote to do the job a bit later (unless deemed urgent/safety issue - ask if this is the case). This allows you to check for yourself &/or look into other options.
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X