Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 03-06-20
Valued Member

Default Reversing Camera

I recently purchased a caravan which has a reversing camera factory fitted, is there anyway to connect the reversing camera on the caravan to the MM display on the car dashboard, or do I need a separate monitor fitted somewhere.
Old 06-06-20

I use a separate monitor. The wiring for it ends at the dash near the right hand windscreen pillar. The monitor attaches to the windscreen via suction cup and plugs into the wiring when I need it.
This means it's only fitted when when I'm vanning and is stored in the van when I'm home.
I'll take a couple of shots of it tomorrow and post so you'll see what I mean.
Old 06-06-20
Valued Member

I bought a new head unit for the NX and that has the option of switching to the camera on the van by getting a wiring loom from Saftey Dave. It's not a cheap option but if you're thinking of upgrading your head unit it's worth considering.

I don't know about the stock head unit however.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 07-06-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsch View Post
I recently purchased a caravan which has a reversing camera factory fitted, is there anyway to connect the reversing camera on the caravan to the MM display on the car dashboard, or do I need a separate monitor fitted somewhere.
Without looking at the schematics and the inputs on the rear of the factory headunit, I'm thinking some sort of switched splitter for the video input might work. If you triggered than vans camera via the reverse light signal you should be able to switch between the two feeds whilst in reverse. Or, still using the splitter, make it that the vans camera can be switched on manually so you could get a look at what is happening behind the van whilst driving (traffic build up etc.)
Just my 2c.
Cheers, Mike
My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

I'm the boss of my marriage.....my wife said i could say that!
Old 07-06-20

Default My setup

My camera is of course a wired camera and not a wireless one. The screen monitor is a Polaris brand.

A friend who had a wireless one said his would occasionally pick up a feed from home or business security cameras when driving past them. Don't know if that's the norm though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 657B1FA7-0E21-477A-94D4-7A97A4A85E4A.jpg (54.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 9B6FF9D5-89A5-411C-BDD1-345122B70B07.jpg (50.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg DD44098E-6D15-470C-BC6C-89D35082A156.jpg (41.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 08-06-20
Valued Member

My screen setup is virtually the same as Phree Ed.

I ran the cable from the small monitor down the side panel next to drivers feet, through one of the rubber bungs in the floor pan (sealed with silastic) and snaked the cable, in split tube, under the car to the rear next to the tow bar. I cut off the standard RCA and power plugs and soldered on water proof plugs on both the vehicle and van cable ends. Use a different half for each cable pair so you can't mix up the connection. Use a second set of plugs to seal off the cable ends when the van isn't connected.