Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 06-06-20

Default taller final drive ratio vs increased torque

Hi, due to the taller final drive ratio on my nx, even I have installed automate, but I am still thinking of a better solution to overcome the reduced torque. If I slightly tune the car and increase the torque 5-10%, would it solve the problem to help TCC lock up?

wish list: 2 inch lift with 265 65r18 AT tyres.
Old 06-06-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzz View Post
Hi, due to the taller final drive ratio on my nx, even I have installed automate, but I am still thinking of a better solution to overcome the reduced torque. If I slightly tune the car and increase the torque 5-10%, would it solve the problem to help TCC lock up?

Do a remap and aim for around 15-20% max. You,ll love the difference and car will feel so much better. Motor and transmission are rock solid and the remap wont hurt them. Go to 17inch rims and lower profile tyres?

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?

Telegraph X camper
Old 06-06-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Do a remap and aim for around 15-20% max. You,ll love the difference and car will feel so much better. Motor and transmission are rock solid and the remap wont hurt them. Go to 17inch rims and lower profile tyres?
Actually, I am hoping for something bigger. If increased torque can help TCC lock due to taller final drive ratio I am seriously considering it. I have found many members have done it through either remap or chip. Since my paj is pretty new under warranty, I will do more research with how to. But for now I would like to hear more to confirm if it works, such as improved fuel economy, better overtake which may indicate the tcc lockup has been improved as well.

wish list: 2 inch lift with 265 65r18 AT tyres.
Old 07-06-20

Let me know how you go about it, and how it turns out, I am thinking of doing the same (15-20%)

Enviado desde mi SM-G988B mediante Tapatalk