• Show
Clear All
  • Axis
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2011
    • Highett Vic

Rear door adjustment

Hi,

Our rear door on the NS sits a bit below the roofline when it is closed, and lately the rear door light has been coming on when cornering hard left.

I assume something will need adjusting. Has anyone had similar and can advise if hinges/shims will need adjusting or if the guide and strike may sort it out?

IMG_5370.jpg

Also, is there meant to be a stopper in the hole above the latch?

IMG_5368.jpg

Thanks,
    James
    07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates
  • MELONHEAD
    • Apr 2010
    • Curlewis NSW

I know this is an old thread but I have been chasing a rattle in the back door of my NT since I bought it middle of last year. I have adjusted the rubber block on the door that rests inside the metal locator on the body, adjusted the metal locator, lubed both and was able to reduce the rattle only for a short time. But I have fixed it now and thought I would share the fix. I noticed that the bottom of the rubber block was worn and the metal locator was also worn on the bottom, so I took the metal locator off the car and closed it up slightly in a vice so it has a smaller opening and more snuggly fits the rubber block when it engages. Rattle gone!
    2010 NT RX diesel manual, bushskinz intercooler + sump guards, factory alloy bulbar, GME TX3400 UHF, Donaldson secondary fuel filter, Bilstein/Kings/Polyair lift, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/17.
    1998 NL GLS V6 auto LWB with ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, ALDI 9500lb winch, ARB onboard compressor, Hankook Dynapro AT/M 265/70/16s.

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

Great tip mate. Have had the same problems on and off, will give it a go to see if it works.
      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• fourocker
        • Jan 2018
        • Blue Mountains NSW

You're a legend, been chasing this since I bought my NT a month ago, have got the adjustment very close now and this tip is gonna seal the deal 👍

Comment

• Garc
          • May 2015
          • Perth

Yes there is supposed to be a small rubber stopper in the hole in the door. MM sell for under $10each. I bought 2as they are easy to knock out when taking things out.
          Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• Axis
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2011
            • Highett Vic

^^ Thanks Garc. Will chase one up.

Door still not level. I had a crack but too heavy with the spare on. Might try again when I do the next rotation and the spare is off.

Cheers,
            James
            07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• marco888
              • Jun 2016
              • nsw

Originally posted by MELONHEAD View Post
              I know this is an old thread but I have been chasing a rattle in the back door of my NT since I bought it middle of last year. I have adjusted the rubber block on the door that rests inside the metal locator on the body, adjusted the metal locator, lubed both and was able to reduce the rattle only for a short time. But I have fixed it now and thought I would share the fix. I noticed that the bottom of the rubber block was worn and the metal locator was also worn on the bottom, so I took the metal locator off the car and closed it up slightly in a vice so it has a smaller opening and more snuggly fits the rubber block when it engages. Rattle gone!
              mate , you nailed it, I am going to try that, as I clearly see the worn mark, on the metal locator on my NX, I mean, after nearly two years driving plus bigger tyres on the door, did make the door sag a bit I believe.

my metal locator just has worn and appeared the bare metal colour now, and make the noise kind of metal to metal scratching ,hoping your tips can stop the rattle and squeak
              MY16 GLS PAJERO-NON-DPF-MODEL

Safari snorkel, Nudge bar, Narva driving lights, SPVi unit, TP XP 3'' exhaust, P200 catch can, KN filter, OME 2'' lift, Rola roof racks, 2*2.5 awning,UNIDEN UFH9000, BOOS BASH PLATE 3 set,17'' factory Alloy, wrapped with OPATII,

Enjoy driving Enjoy touring Enjoy your life...

Comment

• marco888
                • Jun 2016
                • nsw

Originally posted by Garc View Post
                Yes there is supposed to be a small rubber stopper in the hole in the door. MM sell for under $10each. I bought 2as they are easy to knock out when taking things out.
                isn't just one D shape rubber on the door edge and one D shape metal catch on the body frame and rubber will go into the metal when door is closed? any other small rubber in the metal hole?

cheers
                MY16 GLS PAJERO-NON-DPF-MODEL

Safari snorkel, Nudge bar, Narva driving lights, SPVi unit, TP XP 3'' exhaust, P200 catch can, KN filter, OME 2'' lift, Rola roof racks, 2*2.5 awning,UNIDEN UFH9000, BOOS BASH PLATE 3 set,17'' factory Alloy, wrapped with OPATII,

Enjoy driving Enjoy touring Enjoy your life...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X