X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danno47
    • Jul 2018
    • Townsville

I just pulled the 17's off my 2015 NX and put them onto my brand new NX with no problems and put the 18's onto the 2015 for all the reasons listed here previously but also because the 18's are mongrels to keep clean with all the nooks and crannies, they're so bad I can't even con my 6 yr old to clean them for 10 bucks!!

Interestingly the speedo on my 15 reads the usual 7% or so fast but the new car is spot on with either set of wheels which is unusual for a modern car but I believe it's because the 18 has a different diff ratio and they haven't bothered to recalibrate it.

Comment

• oscaroo
      • Dec 2017
      • Sydney

I have an my18 too. The Speedo is only 2km off. Super accurate. Also ruins my tyre choices :-(

Comment

• Maju
        • Jul 2018
        • Daisy Hill

I just bought a set of 17s for 150$ just wait for the right seller. Getting soon 265/70r17 for them

Comment

• georgec
          • Jun 2013
          • Atherton

Hi so for a 2011 NS model would I be able to use Bridgestone dueler m/t 265/75r16 674 on blak trak Roh rims new 30? REASON is to put same on a jayco dove pop top. Thanks.

Comment

• geopaj
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by georgec View Post
            Hi so for a 2011 NS model would I be able to use Bridgestone dueler m/t 265/75r16 674 on blak trak Roh rims new 30? REASON is to put same on a jayco dove pop top. Thanks.
            Only if it’s a short wheel base - long wheel base Gen 4 need 17’ minimum to clear the front brakes.
            Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• georgec
              • Jun 2013
              • Atherton

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
              Only if it’s a short wheel base - long wheel base Gen 4 need 17’ minimum to clear the front brakes.
              It's a 4 door so I guess the 16s won't work.

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2014
                • Wellington,New Zealand

Originally posted by signo1985 View Post
                So is it definitely possible to install 17" wheel on the nx without problems (apart from the cost)?
                just trying to decide between a nw glx-r or nx glx. the second one has got slightly better specs and would be my pick, but the 18" wheels ...not a fan of.
                Im in wa (perth) and most of my 4wd-ing would be on sand and that extra sidewall the 17" have got is really handy.
                What are your thoughts guys?
                if they are at the same dealer ask them to swap them over...most people prolly want the opposite of what you want to do
                2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
                BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2017
                  • Sydney

18" vs 17" vs 16" Rims

My ex-cop GLX5 (5 seat version of the GLX) 2016 NX came with factory 17 inch wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Joeyc
                    • Jul 2016
                    • Wodonga

I got a set of steel 17’s from PDW and running Goodyear wranglers 265/65 - slight difference in off set (have to cut and tuck the spare wheel carrier to close the cover) but hardly any difference in speed compared to the original 18’s - just much cheaper rubber!. Unfortunately the rims faded after a few washes at the car wash and got some crap excuse that they should only be washed with soap and water:

Comment

• denmonkey
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Newcastle NSW

got 275/65/18 on my NT no probs off road at all in mine.
                      I'm always dropping pressure though just to be sure.

If I went back to a 17, I'd go a larger tire and based on my experience with the 18s off road, I can't see it making a shit of difference.
                      Might save a few bucks on the tire choices, though. cost on 18s is taking the piss.

cheers Brett

Comment

• GregL
                        • Mar 2018
                        • Cudlee Creek

Sunrasia 17 x 8

Hi, I too have been doing the rounds trying to find 17" rims for an NX. The only thing I can find which is not drug-money are Sunrasia 17x8 with +30 offset.[B] [B]Has anyone used these???? The track would widen 32mm, and the scrub radius would be different, ie. the point of the tyre on which the turning axis rotates. Ofcourse factory steel rims are available for $300. Any thoughts welcome.

Comment

• old Jack
                          Regular
                          • Jun 2011
                          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Apparently not all 17" aftermarket rims clear the front brake callipers so you would need to physically do a check fit on the front axle of any non genuine rim.

Depending on what tyre size you are fitting and what bullbar you have fitted then with a 16mm offset change the tyre's might rub at 3/4 steering and full tuck.

Steve Mc ran +30 offset on his NW, he travelled heavy, rough and remote and he did have premature wheel bearing failure.

Factory +46 17" steel rims turn up from time to time second hand for $100 to $150 a rim.
                          Triton +38 17" factory steel rims seem to be more common and I think these will fit but you would need to check this.

Note; there are different wheel nuts required for steel rims so this must be costed in to the exercise.

OJ.
                          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• spot01
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2011
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by GregL View Post
                            Hi, I too have been doing the rounds trying to find 17" rims for an NX. The only thing I can find which is not drug-money are Sunrasia 17x8 with +30 offset.[B] [B]Has anyone used these???? The track would widen 32mm, and the scrub radius would be different, ie. the point of the tyre on which the turning axis rotates. Ofcourse factory steel rims are available for $300. Any thoughts welcome.
                            If you are buying a new NX, ask the dealer if they will do a swap before delivery with the factory 17"alloys that have just re-appeared on the NX MY20 GLX. Some dealers used to be happy to do this some years ago as they liked to be able to sell an "optioned up" GLX with 18" wheels.
                            Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2019
                              • Brisbane

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
                              If you are buying a new NX, ask the dealer if they will do a swap before delivery with the factory 17"alloys that have just re-appeared on the NX MY20 GLX. Some dealers used to be happy to do this some years ago as they liked to be able to sell an "optioned up" GLX with 18" wheels.
                              Mmm good pick up this one says GLX 17" GLS 18" 20MY

Keep saving my pennies & thanks ! I want GLX with 17" if I buy new, perfect apart from DPF.....!

Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• geopaj
                                Valued Member
                                • Jul 2007
                                • Adelaide

Originally posted by GregL View Post
                                My suggestion is to buy second hand genuine 17” alloy rims. They come up reasonably often privately for sale for about $400-$500ish a set. They are good we, guaranteed to fit and have the correct hub hole size. Currently there is a set of 5 for sale on the forum for $450. This is what I did.
                                Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X